We’re looking for motivated leaders and fresh ideas! Please read the difference between an official and rental business below; when you’re ready, use the buttons at the bottom of the page to submit your proposal.
- Registered member of the community
- Maintain regular presence on the sims
- Minimum 2 chapters required
Official businesses don’t require rent and is equipped with the instant-invite “For Hire” sign, employment rosters, and offer employees a way to track their working hours to accrue cred. For this reason, we look for dedicated role-players to lead the group with fresh ideas and offer a helping hand to newcomers.
- Identify an available business you’re interested in running
- Business Mission
Your character can run their own business in town! Express your own ideas and stories within the theme of the business you’re interested in. They’re great for laundering money, a front for a gang, to simply claiming your own
- Locate an available shop in-world or acquire a piece of land where you can run your business. A SLURL to the desired or existing location will be required to copy/paste into the appropriate field in the proposal.
- Business Name
- Business Type
- Business Description / Mission
- Invitation to the CD Community Leaders group to collaborate with staff and fellow leads
- Set your own business sign graphic on the building
- Add to the existing fixed decor to personalize your space
- Promote your business in the newspaper
- Establish a group for your business
When a proposal is submitted, admins will review. Depending on demand and certain businesses, the proposal will then be submitted to the community via the Group Proposal subforum. After a few days of discussion, which requires the founder to answer/comment on community feedback, an admin will either approve or reject the business proposal.
Approved Proposals: Group Setup
When a group proposal has been approved, founders can expect the following:
- IM from an admin indicating that the proposal has been successfully approved and an appropriate group name
- Rental business founders may create their group
- Rental business founders may create group titles to help organize and promote their group on the sim; each group title must be approved by an admin. Please note we encourage groups to minimize the number of group titles used – a best practice is to judge how many people will actually be assigned the title and eliminate those with less than 3 active players.
- Official business leaders will be assigned as “Lead” on their group roster and may request an admin to assign the “Lead” role in the in-world group.
- Both rental and official business leaders will be invited to our official discord channel.