Walter Bishop
Group Mods
  • Profile Photo
    Krystal O'Neil
  • Profile Photo
    Julian Heckler

Hathian Police Department

Public Group  |  active 1 week, 6 days ago ago

The Den’s Largest Gang. Upholding the law of Hathian with absolute corruption.

RL Police Gunfights

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of damien Anonymous 15 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of henryw-strazytski

henryw-strazytski

said

As I discussed in the OOC Bench area, I was going to post some material on RL police gunfights. Here is the first:

November 13 1991
Dyckman Street
In 1991, the NYPD Manhattan North Nartcotics Major Case Unit was running a long investigation of a dealer named Junior Gumbs. The unit left Gumbs alone for a time, concentrating on his underlings. The unit wiretapped Gumbs phone- on November 13 1991, he was called by a dealer named Carlos Carrion. Carrion was 28, from Boston. He was going to pick up 5 kilos of cocaine that day. NYPD detectives decided to arrest him after he picked up the cocaine from Gumbs. The plan was to make it look like a routine traffic stop. 5 cars were to be used in the arrest. 2 detectives were driving an NYPD RMP (Squad car) Hector Santiago and Bernard Kerik(later the 40th NYPD Commissioner) were driving cars made up to look like "gypsy" cabs. at 1040AM, a gray olds pulled up the building. Carrion got in. He was wearing a jeans and a 3/4 Length coat and was carrying a shoulder bag. The detectives followed him for several minutes. The pulled the car over and things went crazy. As Detective Donny Trnkle got out and approahced the car, Carrion got out with his bag as if he was just a normal fare going his way. Trenkle barked at him to get back in the car, which Carrion did. The car took off and the detectives gave chase until Carrion jumped out of it on Dyckman Street. He was still carrying the bag and a silver 9mm Sig Sauer handgun. He didn;t run. he actually came toward the detectives.

Carrion raised the gun and began firing as calmly as if he was asking for directions. He fired thru the windshield of Hector Santiago's car. Santiago threw his amr up and fell to the side. Wanda Rosado- who was posing as Hector's fare- was hit by flying glass. Hector opened his door and fell out of the car. as he lay there he saw Carrion move around to finish him off. As he reached for his gun, Santiago was thinkign that he was about to die.
At that point Detective Kerik- who had gotten out of his car- opened fire. Kerik got two shots off. Carrion turned and retunred Kerik's fire.

By that point Rosado had fired from the backseat of the fake cab. Another Detective, Martin McSherry pulledup and got into the fight. Carrion fired back, putting one round in McSherry's car. An RMP had also driven up, and Carrion sprayed that car with bullets too. The Patrol officers fired back. Carrion realized he was outgunned and tunred to run toward the Dyckman Housing Development, firing as he ran. The detectives and patrol officers chased him..Everything felt like it was moving in Slow-motion. It was described by Kerik as Surreal- as if the world had faded except for the gunfire and the cold air.

Carrion was chased deeper into the project until he came to an alley. Trenkle, Santiago and Kerik were right behind him. All 3 detectives shot him and he fell.When they reached him he was trying to relaod his 9mm, but he wastrying to put a clip in backwards. They disarmed him, and cuffed him. Another officer opened the bag, revealing 5 kilos and another gun, a loaded .38.

58 shots were fired during the fight. 19 by Carrion. He only hit one detective, Santiago, who was wounded in the right arm. 39 shots were fired by NYPD officers. Carrion was hit 5 times- 2x in the right leg, 2x in the back and once in the ribs. He was charged with Attempted Murder, Assault, Poseession of Drugs and Weapons. The Driver of the car, was also arrested.

A note on the perceived slow down of time. Though I have not been in gunfights, I have seen that happen myself while hunting- a while back, I was taking care of a pesky woodchuck in my yard. As I shot at him with a shotgun, It felt like time slowed and I could feel the action cycling on my gun. Also note the number of rounds fired compared to the number of hits- pistols are hard to hit with. Another note. As you can see here, most people shot with handguns survive.

Still to come-
the Twymon Myers Shootout,
The Grand Concourse Shoot out,
and more.

February 5, 2009 at 5:31 pm
Profile photo of damien

Anonymous

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

February 5, 2009 at 10:09 pm
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.