Hello, I wanted to give some feedback on the OOC Class that took place on the 29th July 2023. A NC has been created and is getting sent out today but for anyone in the future that is curious feel free to reach out to Maliya Voran (NimmKoari) for a copy of the NC if you didn't receieve it or alternativly you can view it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ovs05kD5vFG658dir5I9lXFToS3Wu0UUQ7jMBYJnER4/edit?usp=sharing

The class was a short but an informative one. We touched on: RP etiquette for officers, arriving on scenes with guns, the HUD, writing/filing reports and APB's and how to process fines and bail or issue a warrant. All of this information is in the guides found on the site (https://thecrackden.com/groups/hathian-police-department/docs/) so please have a little look when you have the time. I will note they are in the process of being re-written but you will be updated when that has been finalized.

I want to highlight here the questions that were asked and their corrosponding answers.

First Question: "Is it quite right to use a Gun only for intimidation, or is it better to do it with a stun gun or a baton?"

Answers:

• Julian - "One might intimidate someone with a gun, but it can be troubling in RP, because you are escalating a response.  So for instance, you are making it like "Ok you are going to do what I say, my gun is out."  Now if they dont do what you say, you shoot them?  Right?  It's always better to avoid guns in a scene if you can"
  • Lyssandra - "Indeed using a gun for intimidation is exactly what we wish to avoid - using a gun to end a scene. Guns are meant to enrich roleplay not end it"
  • Vanora - "Overall if you can solve something without a gun just dont do it. same goes for tazer. Especially when there several cops on the scene and its only one or two suspects"

Second Question: "Suppose the scene of a bad cop that stopped a civilian in order to earn money and during the search we find a gun - do we take it or not?"

Answers: 

• Vanora - "Try not to harass people that are concealed carrying a gun and haven't done crime regarding a gun. You can still take there shit. but don't confiscate the gun. Its purely for when crime is happening or someone is OPENLY carrying"
  • Lyssandra - "if someone breaks no law, does comply and is armed, we do NOT take their guns, it would be powergaming them off their armed statu"
  • Julian - "Actually, let me pause here real quick. I absolutely encourage you to harass innocent people.  The HPD is corrupt and oppressive.  But that shouldn't normally include arresting people, putting them in jail, or taking their guns and shit"
  • Vanora - "Ye what Julian and Lyss just stated. Its not a don't harass them or do rp with them. But don't go out your way to hunt hidden guns. Its something else if they engage into the rp then get violent towards you. And start committing crime or forcing you to arrest them. That said I want to stress this. If you are NOT SURE please ask. This is something im gonna be hammering into people. If your confused. Don't understand or not sure how to handle it. Just send an IM to any of us. Use the HPD PD chat. There little to no stupid questions. and it avoids you a lot of headaches"

I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone that came along and contributed to the class and I hope that it helped/that people found it informative.

Maliya Voran