<p style="text-align: left;">Hello everyone, seeing some new faces in the HPD and having heard some questions of how things should be done, and asking for examples/mentoring, I thought I'd consolidate different threads and some extra inputs of my own on some things more or less all officers should be in the know of.
From uniform policy, how to play 911 Operators/Dispatch for emergency calls, and how radio traffic works, I'll cover what I can so newbies can read this thread to get up to speed on things, all in one, easy to see place, while also making it as legible as I'm able.

Uniforms
Starting, I'll touch on uniforms, the WAZZER WORKS PD Uniform, these are available in the locker room of the HPD for new officers, unless you already own the uniform prior, it's the base, standard-issue uniform of the department. The guidelines are as follows, along with being in this thread:
https://thecrackden.com/groups/hathian-police-department/forum/topic/new-wazzer-uniform-guidelines/

Do note that there may be some details that have changed since the release of the new standard issue uniform and the writing of the previous document. There is also additional input in the thread for accessories to look at if you need a vest, shoes, belt, ect.

Shirt
• May be long or short sleeve, cuffed long sleeve is authorized.
• HPD patch must be visible on sleeve.
• Collar pin, gold colored.
• Rookies/Officers will wear 'Police' pin.
• Senior Officers will wear single chevron.
• Corporals, double chevron.
• Sergeants, triple chevron.
• Lieutenants, single bar.
• Captain, double bar & Inspector star.
• Nameplate, gold colored, will have last name or first initial & last name.
• Use of American Flag or 'Thin Blue Line' pin above nameplate is authorized but not required.
• All metal surfaces on uniform are to be gold.

Pants:
Pant stripes will be a further indicator of rank.
• Rookies, no stripe.
• Officers/Senior Officers, blue stripe (2nd from left bottom row on HUD).
• Corporals/Sergeants, silver stripe (4th from left top row on HUD).
• Lieutenants/Captain/Inspector, gold stripe (5th from left bottom row on HUD).

PD Vest (TBD, but is known to be on the way, will update when that day comes depending on policy, if there is one for it.)

Emergency Response (911/Dispatch)
Anyone who is in the CD Municipal Network group, these consist of 911 Operators who interact with the person calling 911, and the Dispatch who radio the needed information to emergency services so the appropriate players may respond.

When a call is made, always in the Crack Den Roleplay group, and you're up for playing the 911 Operator, you don't have to make a character on the spot, or be witty, a simple response can suffice, such as:
[911 Operator] You've reached Hathian 911, please state the location and nature of your emergency.
You can add some extras in there at your discretion or even RP a very detailed character you made JUST to work this role, but in no event does a law enforcement or medical services worker interact directly with these calls.

After enough information is received, the information is relayed to a Dispatch agent, which is posted in the CD Municipal Network group, such as:
[Dispatch] Police needed at The Daily Grind, suspect reportedly still on-scene wielding a knife and two victims inside bleeding. EMS needed on standby when suspect has been put under arrest.

Radio Etiquette
Radios are wonderful devices, enabling communications within the immediate department, and even with other First Response entities for the rotating cogs of the First Response scene in Hathian. This point is simply a recommendation to keep it realistic and streamlined, but I don't really expect anyone to follow it to a tee, the original topic can be found here:
https://thecrackden.com/discuss/topic/radio-etiquette/
Like the last I linked, I'll simply copy/paste, and cleanup the meat of the topic.

Universal rules of radio communication:
• Before you press the transmission button, gather your thoughts about what you are going to say. Many people with radios have a tendency to talk and/or repeat too much. Say what you need to say without unnecessary repeats. Keep in mind that your message should go through the first time – you may not have any opportunity to repeat it.
• Give the call sign of the unit you are calling first. It will alert the addressee to focus on the incoming message. There might be more listeners and radio network users so you must let them know that this time there will be a message for them, not a usual background noise.
Example: "Ocean-XXX (recipient), Lincoln-XXX (speaking), flank around the back door to cut off the suspect, I'll try to push them your way, over"
• Introduce yourself by your call sign. Do not use real names or nicknames.
Example: Adam 43209 is my call sign, we often abbreviate. O - Ocean; L - Lincoln; A - Adam, D - David; ect. and only use the last three numbers. So I'd identify myself as "A209".
• Don’t speak too fast especially if the message needs to be written down. Pause after logical phrases. High voice does not guarantee that you will be more readable.
• Use “CLEAR”, “OVER”, “OUT” when you finish your message. It notifies the addressee that you finished your portion of information and wait for the response or just ended the transmission (“OUT” word).
Example: "Central (Dispatch/Police station), A209, off duty, out." Or, "D999, A209, when are the doughnuts being restocked? Over."
• When you have understood the message, acknowledge the receipt with the words “COPY“, “RECEIVED“, “ROGER” or “ACKNOWLEDGED.” The word “COPY” is preferred.
Example: "A209, D999, doughnuts have been restocked, get them before Porkins finds out, over.
"D999, A209, copy."
• If the caller requires some actions you may use “WILCO” instead of “ROGER” to notify that you WILL COMPLY (=”WILCO”).
• Use “BREAK, BREAK” whenever there is a radio traffic and you want to get through with your emergency message.
Example: "Break, break, A209 requesting assistance in front of Lou's Bar, multiple armed suspects, shots fired!"
• Answer each call to confirm reception. Use “RECEIVED”, “COPY”, “ROMEO” or “ACKNOWLEDGED.”
• If you do not comprehend the message, do not confirm it. Use “SAY AGAIN”, “REPEAT”, “STAND BY” instead.
• Whenever a word must be spelled use NATO code words for each letter. Do not invent your own words – they might be misleading and not comprehensive.
Example: "Dispatch, A209, need to run a name check on a John Doe. First name Juliet, Oscar, Hotel, November, last name Delta, Oscar, Echo, over."
NATO Code Words (Phonetic Alphabet): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_phonetic_alphabet
Additionally, there are "Ten-Codes" police use (although most departments have a proprietary system and there's a push to move to the "Plain Language System" the Department of Homeland Security published), if you love immersion, you may use them, but take into account that not everyone may understand them. Link for standard Ten-Codes follows:
https://web.stanford.edu/~reneeb/bill/n.radio.code.html

Roleplay Etiquette
Most people hanging around on-sim are always up to play, be it casual, or causing some chaos, unless you're responding to a 911 call, or looking to have a more slice-of-life, friendly conversation, it may be worth IMing a person you're planning to harass about that gun they're open-carrying, or that loiterer you're privy to give a citation to.
While we're all here to RP, some players may not have the time to fight the police as they ICly would for that firearm, or they have plans that they intend to follow through with before they end up arrested.
Communication is very important between us as a community, we're all here to have fun.

Firearms
Yes, the mighty boomstick, only officers with experience are allowed to carry firearms, despite you having an armed tag for the sim already, this option often becomes available after you've ascended out of the ranks of Ocean, which are rookie members of HPD, and into Lincoln and above.
Despite having access to firearms, you still have strict guidelines and disciplines to follow, and despite what cops would do in in our mortal coil, the gun is an absolute last resort unless agreed upon by attending parties that it may be used sooner, it's a show-stopper, and using it can quickly end a roleplay scene.
Officers are encouraged to beat people with batons, use pepper-spray, or use a taser first (tasers follow firearm rules of aiming and firing in different posts), firearms are your last resort, and should be used as such, unless a suspect pulled their steel themselves.
https://thecrackden.com/guides/firearm/

Booking
Bad boys and girls do bad things, the dog caught the water truck, or in this case, you've arrested your filthy criminal, now what?
Firstly, you have paperwork to do, and it's often most efficiently done while others are writing their posts, it streamlines the process. I often submit this after I've finished booking and getting the criminal into their cozy cage. Guide for the paperwork can be found here:
https://thecrackden.com/groups/hathian-police-department/forum/topic/paperwork-walkthroughs/
And an additional guide explaining some of the crimes:
https://thecrackden.com/groups/hathian-police-department/forum/topic/crimes-explained/

When it comes to getting the suspect to their cell, you've got a checklist!
• Implying the suspect wasn't beaten/injured so badly that they needed immediate medical attention, they'd be brought to the station in handcuffs and lead down towards the cells, there's a big ol' room at the bottom, this is where the action takes place.
• In this room, the suspect will be patted down and searched if they haven't already, be though! And IM the suspect and ask them what you'd find from your search, some may even be wearing wigs with contraband, be detailed!
• After your search they'd be brought to an adjacent room that has a Latitudinal Height Marker (LHM for short). Here the suspect will have their mugshot taken, some players opt to skip the mugshot, which is absolutely fine.
• After Mr/Ms Muggles has had their picture taken, they'd be lead to their home for the duration of their sentencing, once the cell door is closed and locked, the inmate may be uncuffed and allowed to get familiar with their accommodations and cellmates, and to be allowed to change into their snazzy orange jail attire.
• Sometimes, the change of clothes for the imprisoned will happen in the room the mugshot takes place in, again, this is up to officer discretion.

I'm sure much more could be added to this, and I encourage any fellow officers to contribute more information I'm absolutely sure I've missed, or to clarify anything I've said as I've never been great as wording this coherently and efficiently.</p>