Walter Bishop
Group Mods
  • Profile Photo
    Krystal O'Neil
  • Profile Photo
    Julian Heckler

Hathian Police Department

Public Group  |  active 1 month ago ago

The Den’s Largest Gang. Upholding the law of Hathian with absolute corruption.

Let’s talk about the HPD; please check in!

This topic contains 25 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bebe Anonymous 14 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of Nadir Taov

Nadir Taov

said

hi Team,

I'd like to spend this thread discussing where we're at with the PD right now, where we should be going, and what you all think. With new emphasis on immersion, I'd like to explain a few concepts that directly relate to us and how we should be handling situations as we move forward. Afterall, we're here to work as a team and have fun overall; this shouldn't be treated any more or any less 🙂

HPD Rep'

The HPD has long been steeped in corruption; from bribery to brutality, officers often take matters into their own hands.

Why is the HPD so corrupt?

The city falls into the jurisdiction of circuit courts that are often seated by corrupt judges who use the guise of poverty or more sinister reasons to reduce sentencing for many criminals. Unable to find solace in this system, even the most honest cop may find themselves seasoned overtime to dish out their own punishment.

Also, consider the psyche of the common officer. They operate in an extremely hostile environment; they wake up everyday and patrol streets that are stained with the blood of slain officers. When a situation arise, and make no mistake - they often do, adrenalin kicks in and even the most experienced officer might find themselves on the edge.

Finally, allegations by citizens of brutality and even sexual assaults are often overlooked by ranking officers. They're probably involved in something that would put them at risk if internal affairs showed up for an investigation!

"But I don't want to be corrupt; I'm a good cop!"

Hey, to each their own! If you're coming into the PD w/ the mentality of "oh, I'm going to clean up the streets", then you're in for a rude awakening. Besides, those who apply with such goals in their application are quickly denied.

With that being said, it is not impossible to have a good time or even progress in the ranks even as an honest cop. If you're doing the duty of hauling in criminals and responding to scenes when you're available, then you will be recognized by Sergeants and climb your way up the ranks. However, be prepared to overlook a lot of things; you may even be ordered to do something that that would be unbecoming of your characters principles. What's more important - that promotion, or their personal morals?

Finally, I would like to add a personal note as my character once started an honest cop.

Challenge yourself. As honest as you may be, don't be afraid or reluctant to respond to a situation that would be unbecoming of your usual character. With the kinds of situations they're put through, they're bound to "snap" once in a while. It's all part of the creative immersion.

'Intimidation' is the Name of the Game

There's fine balance of power we all have to be aware of and maintain: cops vs criminals. We don't want a police-state, but at the same time, we don't want crime being blatantly committed on the station doorstep. With this in mind, the overall presence of an officer on patrol is to intimidate the general public and respond to emergency situations.

Harassing newcomers in CD is also highly recommended 🙂 See a hot chick? Frisk her down! See a hot guy, frisk him down! Hell, if it were me, I'd have arrested her but certainly not taken her to the station 😈 Point is, you can claim "suspicion" and engage them in roleplay. You'd be doing a great thing for our community by including new faces and having some fun yourself.

Promotions (Grade 1 -> Grade 3)

If you're a rookie (Grade 1) and up to senior officer (Grade 3), promotions are soley based on activity in RP. We track this by looking at the use of the emergency radio, responding to emergencies, posting incidents, and overall interactions with other officers.

Sergeants are in-charge of handling the ranks below them. They are empowered to promote rookies all the way up to senior officers. In return, sergeants will report to us every week or two of general activities, as well as announcing the promotions of officers here in the subforum.

Some officers will take weeks, while others months. It all depends; exceptional effort and pro activeness is key. I'd like to hear from our current sergeants as to what you guys would look for so we can come up with a general consensus as to how to dish out promotions.

Expectations

Be courteous to others; be fair; have fun.

Playing in the HPD shoudn't be considered a job. By empowering all ranks with the appropriate authority, I'd like to see a whole lot less responsibility and burden on the Lieutenants. They've done an excellent job in cleaning up the common issues that plagued the department last year and we've also devised a decent application system. Let's give them some breathing room, huh? It's time to move forward and get more of you guys and gals involved!

The way I see it is, if you make it through the application, we trust you to work with your ranking officer to foster some fun and appropriate role-play.

Let me hear from you!

Now that I've shared the topics re: the PD that was on my mind, I'd like to hear what's on yours. Please share your experience in the PD thus far, whether you are a rookie or a seasoned officer. I also want to hear from the sergeants who will now be looked upon to take a more active role in sustaining RP.

I'm open to suggestions as to activities the PD can engage other than just responding to emergencies. You guys deserve a change in pace every now and then, too.

Oh, and I do remember the idea of organizing "partners" was popular the last time we took feedback - never saw anything come of it. Sergeants - can you help?

Finally, keep the feedback constructive w/ an emphasis on moving forward.

Thanks!

June 15, 2009 at 9:37 pm
Profile photo of sarrahcarlucci

Anonymous

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

June 16, 2009 at 3:34 am
Profile photo of mmax

Anonymous

said

June 16, 2009 at 4:15 am
Profile photo of felony

Anonymous

said

June 16, 2009 at 6:21 am
Profile photo of felony

Anonymous

said

June 16, 2009 at 8:13 am
Profile photo of cheng-shinn

cheng-shinn

said

June 16, 2009 at 8:27 am
Profile photo of Kyben Ferraris

kyben ferraris

said

June 16, 2009 at 9:01 am
Profile photo of cheng-shinn

cheng-shinn

said

June 16, 2009 at 1:04 pm
Profile photo of jake

Anonymous

said

June 16, 2009 at 1:54 pm
Profile photo of montague

Anonymous

said

June 16, 2009 at 3:02 pm
Profile photo of felony

Anonymous

said

June 16, 2009 at 5:00 pm
Profile photo of hakk-barbosa

hakk-barbosa

said

June 16, 2009 at 5:33 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Let’s talk about the HPD; please check in!’ is closed to new replies.