Walter Bishop
Group Mods
  • Profile Photo
    Krystal O'Neil
  • Profile Photo
    Julian Heckler

Hathian Police Department

Public Group  |  active 1 week, 5 days ago ago

The Den’s Largest Gang. Upholding the law of Hathian with absolute corruption.

Disciplining Unruly Rookies and Corruption

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Anna Novak susanna lorefield 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of Jeremiah Xuanzang

jeremiah-xuanzang

said

This is part question, part suggestion, part something else that I haven't defined.

It has come to my attention that some of (not all) of the rookies, both new and returning officers, are sometimes more publicly corrupt and prone to insubordination than the handbook implies they should be. For a number of months there has been an IC restriction on non-brass handing out physical disciplinary responses without being asked to by the brass. I realize, of course, that ICly the OFFICIAL stance would be no physical disciplinary response, but there does not appear to be any unspoken position regarding such responses. As a result, I know myself and a few other officers have not handed out those actions they might have, as the threatened penalty was termination if I'm not mistaken. I've observed Sergeants, Corporals, and Officer I-III handing out verbal chastisement, and sometimes receiving pushback because a Rookie seems to feel as though their position is secure. I've also seen Rookies on their first week on the force eagerly heading out to cause mayhem, and higher ranking Officers ignoring or encouraging that activity as a general rule.

Before I become overly long winded, my question is whether something beyond a write-up and disciplinary report can be performed right now, depending on rank, to Rookies who get out of line and need to be 'trained?' As well, should the handbook be updated to OOCly reflect new IC allowances (if there are any) for Rookies base level of publicly visible corruption?

Thank you for taking the time to read through the above, and I welcome any and all thoughts offered on this topic.

November 11, 2014 at 12:06 pm
Profile photo of Taellinu Aichi

taellinu-aichi

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

November 11, 2014 at 12:13 pm
Profile photo of Christopher Lee

dillon parkes

said

November 12, 2014 at 7:01 am
Profile photo of Jessica Susser

jessica-susser

said

November 14, 2014 at 6:52 pm
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.