Walter Bishop
Group Mods
  • Profile Photo
    Krystal O'Neil
  • Profile Photo
    Julian Heckler

Hathian Police Department

Public Group  |  active 2 weeks, 6 days ago ago

The Den’s Largest Gang. Upholding the law of Hathian with absolute corruption.

Corruption

This topic contains 21 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of kate-pera kate-pera 15 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of Kyben Ferraris

kyben ferraris

said

We seem to be getting notices regarding corruption fairly reguarly lately, and it's bothering me somewhat.

I don't like the idea of being forced into playing a role I don't want to, and I don't see why the entire department needs to be corrupt. Surely there's gonna be the odd copper or two - even in a corrupt department like the HPD - that is straight, and just learns to live with the shit that goes around them.

Ky, for example. The first time he was in the HPD he was all gung-ho about wanting to change things. He hated it and tried to sway other coppers into being more... uh... useful. Now he's been away, been through alot of crap, he's back and it's almost a case that he's just given up. He's accepted all the crap that goes on and turns a blind eye, if someone offered him a bribe, no, he's not going to take it but he'll scoff and roll his eyes and still haul them. Maybe accidentally slip the cuffs on too tight if he was in a bad mood, but not going to beat them either. He's not corrupt, but he can turn a blind eye to it, he's a bit heavy handed and short on time wasters, but if there's a genuine vic that's hard done by or something, he is compassionate and really does care. But he's learned to live with everyone else, learned that the rest of the shit come with the territory.

And with that said, I really don't like the idea of have to play corrupt. I like being one of few straight cops that has to put up with what goes on around, and every now and again does get fed up and blow off a bit of steam to someone else, or he'll happily warn people about getting on the wrong side of the HPD, but he's not one that'd take part in beating someone or whatever; he'd just walk away.

I'm quite happy sitting as an officer and never moving up the ranks; Ky's happy with that, too... he's been around a while, getting old and just wants to make some sort of a difference wherever he can. He's accepted he can't change the world, but wants to be able to do something.

Just my opinion. Ky isn't the goody-goody cop that runs around trying to change the world; not anymore. He's street smart and come to learn he lives in a corrupt shithole, and he just does what he can. It doesn't make him happy, but he works with it, he knows he has no other choice. And I like it that way.

So, do I have to change my playstyle? I know we have a few other coppers that don't want to go to the full extent of being corrupt, but I think so long as we have a solid backstory, there shouldn't be a problem with being 'straight'. I mean, that's what CD is about, no? Enjoying yourself and finding a 'Days of Our Lives' style story and what better than a veteran cop being stuck in a department he hates but not knowing what else to do with his life?

Or a rookie cop struggling with his or her morals after being thrust into a corrupt department?

We're not trying to make it a wonder law enforcement agency, but we're not wanting to go to the full extent of corruption, either. I agree that someone that wants to stand on the side of the road radar gunning people as they walk past to see if they're walking too fast is going to an extreme, or someone that just wants constant 'Police RP' or some such should maybe reconsider things, but those that are happy to build a solid story around the corruption, why not?

February 21, 2009 at 4:05 am
Profile photo of kalin

Anonymous

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

February 21, 2009 at 1:33 pm
Profile photo of ace

Anonymous

said

February 21, 2009 at 5:57 pm
Profile photo of mitch-bisnovat

mitch-bisnovat

said

February 21, 2009 at 8:47 pm
Profile photo of boysie

Anonymous

said

February 21, 2009 at 8:47 pm
Profile photo of mitch-bisnovat

mitch-bisnovat

said

February 21, 2009 at 8:51 pm
Profile photo of Kyben Ferraris

kyben ferraris

said

February 21, 2009 at 9:46 pm
Profile photo of maddy-levenque

maddy-levenque

said

February 22, 2009 at 1:09 am
Profile photo of parnell

Anonymous

said

February 24, 2009 at 6:43 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.