Group Admins
  • Profile Photo
    admin

Hathian Fire Rescue

Public Group  |  active 2 months, 3 weeks ago ago

Brave men and women of the Hathian Fire Department.

FDH Uniform suggestion

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Blue Noel bluebell noel 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of lucillaraelle morningstar

lucillaraelle morningstar

said

It came to my attention that there seem to be some ground rules as far as uniformity is concerned. Which is of course absolutely right and important.

Phrases such as "A uniform must be approved by the team and Nadir because everyone must have the chance to have this uniform" have been used.

Any kind of modification to this uniform, including additional items that may serve as props or that would give the outfit or the character / RP the final touch, is therefore prohibited. -> at least that's how I understood it

i have one or two suggestions for improving this /uniformity/.

As long as the basic uniform is not affected, it should be allowed to add more items to the uniform as long as the basic uniform is not changed and the additional items fit into the color scheme as well as the thematic of the uniform.

Example. It was brought to my attention that I was wearing a hat during an inspection. This hat was of course not part of the FDH uniform approved by the server team/Nadir.

This hat cost me $299L in the FatPack on the MP and was a peaked cap specifically for members of the Fire Department.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/HW-THE-FIREFIGHTER-VISORS-I/22999977

I bought this hat on my own because I knew from several occasions that IRL members of the fire department wear a Hat at official events such as promotions, ceremonies, funerals, court dates, inspections, ... etcetera.

In short, this hat was not part of the approved uniform canon but had a connection to reality, gave the character a more official and dignified appearance in the situation and had no detrimental effect on the RP.

another example:

Other players, be it FDH or PDH, have modified their uniforms so much with different items that are DEFINITELY NOT part of the approved uniform package and/or are no longer available/purchasable on the MP , that characters would not even have the possibility to buy these items even if they wanted to.

So now there are a few possibilities I can think of and I would like a statement on this.

Either the modification of the uniform is permitted as long as it remains within the scope and theme of the respective uniform. Has no harmful influence on others or negative effect on the RP.

OR

It is not allowed to modify the uniform, and any modification of the uniform must either be confirmed and authorized by the CD TEAM / Nadir and thus be counted as part of the official uniform, or it is forbidden and must therefore be refrained from!

I look forward to comments and an official statement

January 8, 2024 at 3:43 am
Profile photo of Blue Noel

bluebell noel

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

January 9, 2024 at 6:28 am
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.