Group Admins
  • Profile Photo
    Nadir Taov

Seaside Youth

Public Group  |  active 3 months, 3 weeks ago ago

Youth characters in Hathian

CD LLJC Roleplay

This topic contains 43 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ethaniel-morrisey ethaniel-morrisey 15 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of rabid-bedlam

rabid-bedlam

said

Yesterday the Doors Opened to the Delinquent Youth of Hathian. This after a month of hard work by alot of people. Who are all very appreciated. On top of a awesome build by Lars [my grampa], counselors have been training, social workers have been liasoning with families and juveniles, guards have been protecting said social workers, Warden and Deputy Wardens have been intimidating and all to set the scene for a great Roleplay. I want to thank everyone who has given there ideas and knowledge to making this the best experience possible.

Now as we said from the beginning this is going to be a learning experience and mistakes will be made along the way. Despite the fact that I honestly think we have some of Hathians finest roleplayrs and last nights Scoop brought out some amazing story development there were still a number of glitches. The glitches werent about the roleplay but rather about things we hadnt planned for coming up. This is ok its how we learn and get better. My hope is that this thread can be used to identify and work thru the glitches so the next sessions will run much smoother.

Therefore, I will start it up by identifying the issues that I saw in the infrastructure.

1) The Idea of using the school though sound reasoning [since thats where all the little shits should be going at one time] was much to disruptive to the roleplay there. The school has a minimal violence rule and well kids getting hauled in en mass just are prone to react badly. I am not sure how we are going to handle this one next time but I think it is going to be more of a pick one up at a time.

2) Processing. Processing turned out to be an onerous task last night. Well specially as the guards and Warden were giving um some motivational messages to try and umm de-esculate the high emotions of last night. Yea thats what they were doing. Because of this the counsellors were not called on and possibly found this frustrating. Thankfully, being the experienced vets they were they took the initiative to lodge there complaints with the proper authorities. These complaints were heard with, ummm hmmm, some resistance. [Tre maybe the center should send some flowers to the head counsellor]

Anyhow, the point is that we ran into some kinks [ o.O ] and they were worked thru IC well but in the future we should look at different ways of handling this. Maybe we could have 2 guards pick up Juveniles from various places in the community on a schedule. Then process them and have them wait in cells for a group orientation. I'm not sure looking for other ideas and feedback on last nights scene.

April 29, 2009 at 4:24 pm
Profile photo of tre

Anonymous

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

April 29, 2009 at 5:36 pm
Profile photo of tre

Anonymous

said

April 29, 2009 at 6:09 pm
Profile photo of sirus

Anonymous

said

April 29, 2009 at 7:19 pm
Profile photo of trinitii

Anonymous

said

April 29, 2009 at 7:20 pm
Profile photo of chance

Anonymous

said

April 29, 2009 at 7:22 pm
Profile photo of chance

Anonymous

said

April 29, 2009 at 7:35 pm

rabid-bedlam

said

April 29, 2009 at 7:39 pm

Anonymous

said

April 29, 2009 at 7:47 pm
Profile photo of sirus

Anonymous

said

April 29, 2009 at 7:47 pm
Profile photo of micheal-baar

micheal-baar

said

April 29, 2009 at 8:10 pm

Anonymous

said

April 29, 2009 at 8:11 pm

rabid-bedlam

said

April 29, 2009 at 8:17 pm
Profile photo of chance

Anonymous

said

April 29, 2009 at 8:18 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.