Group Admins
  • Profile Photo
    admin

Hathian General Hospital

Public Group  |  active 1 week, 3 days ago ago

Life saving staff of Hathian General.

Diseases & Injuries

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of james-matfield james-matfield 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of Nadir Taov

Nadir Taov

said

This sort of goes w/ my "list of injuries" thread, but with more specific details. I'm compiling a database of injuries, illnesses, and cases that characters would be brought to the hospital. The list will be built into the chart system, guiding medical staff to enhance their RP by using more technical terminology when they open a new chart, and hopefully immersing themselves and the patient a bit more into the role. Of course, we'll have a link on that chart creation tool to a wiki describing the terminology in layman's.

Each entry has to be put into a classified into 2 broad trauma categories, including "physical" and "mental", and an associated recovery time (in hours) should the patient require hospitalization.

Some things I can think of right off the top of my head include broken bones, lacerations, gsw, poisons, drug abuse, rape trauma, birth trauma, etc.

The list I need will need to be in the following format:

Injury | Type | Hours
Fracture, Humerus Bone | physical | 0
Fracture, Forearm Bone(s) | physical | 0
Fracture, Phalanx Bone(s) | physical | 0
Fracture, Ribcage Bone(s) | physical | 8
Laceration, Surface Wound | physical | 0
Laceration, Deep Wound | physical | 12
Laceration, Critical | physical | 36

Keep in mind that the hours represent RL time, is adjustable before submission, and automatically notifies both staff and patient when their time is done.

You can stack injuries too in a chart. It's a totally flexible system which allows staff to put down as much details as they want too. The idea behind this entire setup is to provide a structured guideline for character recovery, enhanced immersion, and an organized/automated way to track all of it.

So ... what I'd like to do is get some feedback on how we should structure recovery times and more examples of common injuries that should be considered!

October 21, 2010 at 6:57 am
Profile photo of dedelou

Anonymous

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

October 21, 2010 at 3:09 pm
Profile photo of

Anonymous

said

October 21, 2010 at 6:14 pm
Profile photo of Nadir Taov

Nadir Taov

said

October 21, 2010 at 9:28 pm
Profile photo of dedelou

Anonymous

said

October 22, 2010 at 1:16 am
Profile photo of natepetras

Anonymous

said

October 25, 2010 at 11:48 am
Profile photo of james-matfield

james-matfield

said

October 27, 2010 at 12:40 pm
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.