Group Admins
  • Profile Photo
    Nadir Taov
  • Profile Photo
    Sarah-Michelle Buffy Gage

Columtreal University

Public Group  |  active 2 days, 15 hours ago ago

Students and faculty of Columtreal University in Black Bottom… for important guides and details, visit http://columtreal.com

Updated Classroom Building & Class Tracking System

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nadir Taov Nadir Taov 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of Nadir Taov

Nadir Taov

said

Last night, I spent some time updating the classroom building and fitting the 3 functional lecture/lab rooms with the all new "Class Registration System". I re-textured the floors, swapped out all the dated desks/chairs for new mesh ones, and swapped out the benches, seating, and misc. props in the halls for something a bit more fresh.

I was thinking of adding a few faculty offices for "office hours" and private play sessions.

Anyone have ideas for the wide hallways that may fill it up or provide for RP opportunities?

Every working class room has a projector (themed with CU colors) up front. These projectors can be clicked on to interact with the CRS to track your classes. Here are basic instructions:

Instructors will first need to click on the projector and START a class. (Note: instructors must appear on the faculty roster in order to have access to start classes). The option will load a short web form to fill in the class title, what major it applies to, and a brief description. Upon submitting, the classroom would now be booked for the next 90 minutes... we may increase that time depending on what the average time it takes to RP out a class. If another faculty member clicks on the projector, it will inform them that the class is currently booked and how much time left until it becomes available (we have 3 classrooms, so try another!).

The recommended flow for anyone interested in running a class on campus is to use the events calendar on the site to post the date and time of your class/workshop. On the day of the event, when you're ready to start, just follow the instructions above. Posting on the calendar is not a requirement to start classes; it's just highly recommended to get the maximum students. The more students attend, the more credit a faculty member will earn towards advancing their rank on staff. I also didn't make it a requirement in case there are enough students on campus and someone wants to hold an ad hoc workshop/class.

Students at this point can click on the same projector to immediately enroll into the class. If an instructor has not started the class, it will indicate so. At this point, students can just RP in the classroom. Depending on when they enroll and how long they RP in the classroom, they will up to anywhere between 1-3 credits for the class and it will appear on their transcript. If a faculty member wants to attend a class as a student, clicking on the projector will give them an additional option to enroll.

Character Evolution System & Columtreal...

I've added new features to the evo system to include special perks to RP'ing on campus:

Students - The entire freshman to alumni roles in the CU Student Body group will now be role advancements based on time spent on campus, time spent in CU businesses, involvement with CU organizations, class attendance, and advising. The advising experience is going to be key in determining if you're on track to advance to the next grade... students advisors working at the administration building and faculty members will be able to "advise" students in an interview style RP session and submit quick advising reports. It will be recommended to get advising on a monthly basis for those interested on staying on top of moving up to the next grade.

Faculty - From lecturer to dean, there are going to be academic ranks that faculty members can work up to based on how often they spend time on campus, advise students, and run classes. They can hang out in the library, on benches on campus, etc. to make themselves available for students to RP with - holding official and unofficial office hours.

When is this all going live? Next steps?

I've already updated the classroom building and rolled out the class tracking system. Now, I encourage you guys to spread word to faculty and get classes on the calendar and start going! Time spent on campus and in businesses is already being tracked towards grade advancement.

I'll be posting requirements for additional help at the top with a new Dean and possibly GM. I'm still working out the details. Besides facilitating communication and working with group leads, every GM and dean will be assigned a specific area of CU to focus on improving for the year.

Next up is for me to update the administration building and add the final terminals to enable advising, financial aid, and better faculty roster tracking. I think the build is also due for an update. If you're interested in being a student advisor, please let us know in this thread along with any other thoughts you had. I'm working aggressively to get this rolled out by the end of this week.

January 20, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Nadir Taov

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

January 20, 2014 at 3:04 pm
Profile photo of Rosen Janus

rosen-janus

said

January 20, 2014 at 7:10 pm
Profile photo of carol-helstein

carol helstein

said

January 20, 2014 at 7:46 pm
Profile photo of HRH Princess Lara Windsor II

buffy aura

said

"This was never my story. It's yours. Now, don't screw it up, okay? ."

January 21, 2014 at 12:43 am

Nadir Taov

said

January 21, 2014 at 9:46 am

buffy aura

said

January 21, 2014 at 2:29 pm

buffy aura

said

January 21, 2014 at 2:34 pm

buffy aura

said

January 21, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Nadir Taov

said

January 29, 2014 at 9:44 am
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.