Group Admins
  • Profile Photo
    Nadir Taov
  • Profile Photo
    Sarah-Michelle Buffy Gage

Columtreal University

Public Group  |  active 23 hours, 24 minutes ago ago

Students and faculty of Columtreal University in Black Bottom… for important guides and details, visit http://columtreal.com

Overhauling

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ellis Millet ellis-millet 14 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of trinus

Anonymous

said

As some of you know, I've been throwing around some revisions to the prof's affairs at CU. As he continues to become more involved with application rather than theory in the psych world (I've recently been invited to work in the juvenile facility and am continuing Therapy Thursdays at the DG following the closing of OPCC), I've begun to reconsider his/my choice of subject when it comes to teaching. Now, my reasoning behind this is largely ooc, but I think/hope you can more or less agree with these points.

First of all, my selfish motivation: I don't want to get burned out on the psych stuff. And, like I said, Trin's been more involved with practicing (however hypocriticially and self-serving at times) than teaching this area, and seems to be doing better at the former in the first place. Which brings me to my second point--the one that involves you.

I may be way off my mark here, but with one or two exceptions, I'm pretty sure that there has been a general lack of interest in the class. I know, I don't have an abundance of experience upon which to base that assumption, but if it is true and not my usual paranoia/self-consciousness, I have to say that I can't blame you. It's not exactly a popular subject, and besides, I wasn't so great at teaching it. I've been out of the class for too long, and it's a hard subject to rp without really teaching it (which would defeat the purpose of this being a game, in my opinion)--at least for me.

So where does this leave us? Does the babbling man have a point in this diatribe? Well ... how about this: Reader's Choice. I'm taking requests. What do you kids want to learn? If there's something besides the following suggestion of mine that you'd like to see taught at CU, please don't hestitate to mention it here. I'm all ears.

My original plan when applying to CU was to teach something in the English department--most likely a literature course. There are an endless variety of ways to really engage the students--discussions, book reports, projects ... I have a ton of ideas. Problem is, when I got here, I assumed that there would be too many people already claiming that area of the academic spectrum. Now that I've been here for a little while, and have yet to see evidence of my assumption, I figure I might as well offer to fill that void if there is one.

And I'll stop there and see if I have some feedback waiting for me. Talk amongst yourselves.

October 13, 2009 at 3:55 am
Profile photo of Ellis Millet

ellis-millet

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

October 13, 2009 at 4:13 am
Profile photo of trinus

Anonymous

said

October 13, 2009 at 4:23 am
Profile photo of agnes

Anonymous

said

October 13, 2009 at 5:35 am
Profile photo of Alice Smith

dannika dryke

said

I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing. ~Anais Nin

October 13, 2009 at 5:56 am

ellis-millet

said

October 13, 2009 at 6:27 am
Profile photo of trinus

Anonymous

said

October 13, 2009 at 1:42 pm

ellis-millet

said

October 13, 2009 at 7:32 pm
Profile photo of trinus

Anonymous

said

October 13, 2009 at 10:44 pm
Profile photo of kiriye

Anonymous

said

October 13, 2009 at 10:53 pm
Profile photo of trinus

Anonymous

said

October 15, 2009 at 4:40 am
Profile photo of agnes

Anonymous

said

October 15, 2009 at 4:44 am
Profile photo of Alice Smith

dannika dryke

said

I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing. ~Anais Nin

October 16, 2009 at 6:23 am
Profile photo of agnes

Anonymous

said

October 16, 2009 at 6:34 am
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.