Group Admins
  • Profile Photo
    Nadir Taov
  • Profile Photo
    Sarah-Michelle Buffy Gage

Columtreal University

Public Group  |  active 4 days, 7 hours ago ago

Students and faculty of Columtreal University in Black Bottom… for important guides and details, visit http://columtreal.com

Lit Exam

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ellis Millet ellis-millet 14 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of trinus

Anonymous

said

In case anyone missed the in-world announcement:

:: IC Email to all Lit Students ::

Guess what time it is? Don't groan too loudly--I can hear you in Vodou. I'm going easy on you guys more than I should this semester, but I doubt any of you are complaining so let's get on with it. Your final exam is going to be in the form of your pick: another oral presentation, or a written report. If you turn in the written version, you don't have to attend class, but ... here's the catch:

First, if you opt for the written version, I want at least five pages. Single spaced, 12pt Times New Roman, 1" margins on all side, plus works cited. Five -plus- works cited, slackers.

Second, should you go the more interactive route of presenting before your classmates, you get extra credit. How much? Depends on what the judge--yours truly--thinks of your performance. Feel free--nay, encouraged--to employ any sort of props or other aids (within reason, please) you think will enhance the quality and intrigue of your presentation.

But what's the topic, you ask? Simple. Really. We've covered a reasonably wide variety of characters in the time we've spent together ((yeah, I know we missed out on a bit, thanks to the usual plethora of complications, but that's what imagination's for)), and surely there has been at least one with whom you can relate. I want you to pick out that kindred soul from the pages of your book and bring him/her to life.

Tell me (and your classmates, should you accept the full challenge) who this character is, and more importantly, who he/she is to you. What spurred your initial interest? Why do you feel so drawn to him/her? etc. Is there any way in which you would like to be more or less similar to the character? Did you learn anything about yourself or the world around you from reading his or her story?

Have fun with this one. I want you to think, but I also want you to come away from this class with something. A different, or maybe just more acute perspective on things. Through your papers/presentations, that's what I want to see most: what you learned.

Whichever assignment you choose, it'll be due by Feb. 25.
No exceptions.

((OOC Notes))
We may take two days for presentations, if enough of you choose to participate. It's not required, but I thought at least a couple of you might have some shenanigans in store for me 😉 Also, if you opt for the "paper" you obviously don't have to turn anything in, unless you want to leave me a love/hate letter, etc.

Finally, I just want to say I've had a blast this "semester," though I wish as always that RL hadn't been a pain (literally, most recently) and kept me from doing some of the things I had in mind. Here's to an even better round of Psychology in the coming months.

February 20, 2010 at 1:35 am
Profile photo of trinus

Anonymous

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

February 24, 2010 at 4:22 am
Profile photo of agnes

Anonymous

said

February 24, 2010 at 5:43 am
Profile photo of Alice Smith

dannika dryke

said

I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing. ~Anais Nin

February 24, 2010 at 8:51 am
Profile photo of trinus

Anonymous

said

February 24, 2010 at 1:49 pm
Profile photo of Alice Smith

dannika dryke

said

I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing. ~Anais Nin

February 24, 2010 at 2:03 pm
Profile photo of agnes

Anonymous

said

February 24, 2010 at 5:13 pm
Profile photo of Elizabeth Adams

aisling milgrom

said

February 24, 2010 at 5:25 pm
Profile photo of Ellis Millet

ellis-millet

said

February 25, 2010 at 2:11 am
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.