Group Admins
  • Profile Photo
    Nadir Taov
  • Profile Photo
    Sarah-Michelle Buffy Gage

Columtreal University

Public Group  |  active 2 days, 8 hours ago ago

Students and faculty of Columtreal University in Black Bottom… for important guides and details, visit http://columtreal.com

Kappa Alpha Frat

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ethan-constantine ethan-constantine 14 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of ethan-constantine

ethan-constantine

said

Okay, so I've noticed general interest, in and out of character for a frat to show up on campus. I know we had Nu Alpha a while ago and I'm in no way claiming to be the 'first' fraternity around here.

So Kappa Alpha, or the Kaps as they call themselves, were the first greek letter society in american history. They have around six or seven active chapters still operating in north america and canada. They are both a social and literary fraternity, with pledges requiring a certain grade point average to be considered.

Columtreal's chapter will have more relaxed requirements than that. The CU Kaps, in my opinion, should be focussed more on the social side of things. I'd like the Kaps to bring more RP on campus during non-class hours as well as create reasons for people to hang out around the university. This sort of behaviour isn't mandatory, though. If you want to join to just party your ass off, feel free.

I'm also considering introducing the Kappa Alpha's 'John Hart Hunter Educational Foundation' from the real life chapters. Basically it's a route for people who can't afford tuition fees and require financial support. So they would be referred to us, pledge and become a brother and, while the Kaps ensure they become a functional member of campus life, the Foundation would supply their tuition fees.

These are all ideas. If you folks have any more I'd like to hear them. What do you want to see in a campus frat? Let me know!

February 17, 2010 at 11:46 am
Profile photo of trinus

Anonymous

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

February 17, 2010 at 1:10 pm
Profile photo of Alice Smith

dannika dryke

said

I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing. ~Anais Nin

February 18, 2010 at 1:15 am
Profile photo of HRH Princess Lara Windsor II

buffy aura

said

"This was never my story. It's yours. Now, don't screw it up, okay? ."

February 18, 2010 at 12:30 pm
Profile photo of trinus

Anonymous

said

February 21, 2010 at 5:50 pm
Profile photo of Lexi Morrison

lexi-ella

said

March 11, 2010 at 12:04 pm
Profile photo of blake

Anonymous

said

March 15, 2010 at 4:55 am
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.