Group Admins
  • Profile Photo
    Nadir Taov
  • Profile Photo
    Sarah-Michelle Buffy Gage

Columtreal University

Public Group  |  active 3 days, 13 hours ago ago

Students and faculty of Columtreal University in Black Bottom… for important guides and details, visit http://columtreal.com

Faculty Organization

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of psylocke Anonymous 13 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of Tessi snowpaw

tessi-snowpaw

said

I've been thinking about the role of the instructors and professors. And while I'm hoping that they are happy in the roles that they've chosen and that they have other ways to connect with town through moonlighting in other jobs, relationships, or other networks, I am wondering if that's always the case. Especially when it comes to new players.

So then I was thinking how sorority/club socials are one of the things that really connects the student body... and how faculty members aren't typically encouraged to join. Afterall, most professors don't booze with their underage students-- not to say that that wouldn't make some interesting RP, but not everyone wants their story to go that way.

So I got to thinking about where the networking and social aspect might be for instructors/professors. And I got to thinking that maybe the faculty would be interested in some kind of group... whether its a "Student Enagement Coalition" or whatever their surface objective might be. The concept could be that they meet to address these academic based issues (which might only be NPC'd and never even occur). But then this 'Coalition' could then throw their own social gatherings for the professors. That happens a lot on University campuses. Women's groups discuss the needs of female students over noon meetings at work and then meet at the bar in the evening for NONwork-related social time.

I'm not suggesting any specific group. My main character isn't even a faculty member. But I'm tossing out the idea to possibly spur some social-RP for the adult academic community. Anyone interested? Anyone have ideas?

April 2, 2011 at 5:01 pm
Profile photo of psylocke

Anonymous

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

April 2, 2011 at 10:24 pm
Profile photo of Tessi snowpaw

tessi-snowpaw

said

April 2, 2011 at 10:35 pm
Profile photo of psylocke

Anonymous

said

April 2, 2011 at 11:35 pm
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.