Group Admins
  • Profile Photo
    Nadir Taov
  • Profile Photo
    Sarah-Michelle Buffy Gage

Columtreal University

Public Group  |  active 5 days, 12 hours ago ago

Students and faculty of Columtreal University in Black Bottom… for important guides and details, visit http://columtreal.com

Events vs. Everyday

This topic contains 49 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lexi Morrison lexi-ella 12 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of trinus

Anonymous

said

This is something that, like nearly every topic on this board, has been discussed innumerable times in the past; however, as the problem remains unsolved, I think it deserves a shiny new thread of its own.

We have great events on campus, and some brilliant minds behind their orchestration, but ... It's not enough. We all know that these pre-planned, often massive gatherings alone cannot be what brings in and maintains steady traffic on campus. I enjoy attending (or throwing) the latest party as much as anyone, but as I sit here thinking of when and how to do my next event and/or class, I keep coming back to the same issue: what happens until then? What happens afterward? What about the in-between, the everyday?

Let's face it: We don't go into Hathian because there's a party going down, or there's a class to attend. We go because we know that odds are, we'll be able to find or create a scene, regardless of the day or time. There's usually something going on ... and half the time, it wasn't planned ahead of time. It's spontaneous, it's fun, it's instant gratification. It doesn't require a large group or a convenient time slot. You don't have to check your schedule to see if you'll be at home and available when the activity you've been waiting for finally happens.

So. Friends, enemies, Looters ... How, I ask you yet again, how do we bring these same scenarios to our end of the Den? What's stopping us from being able to drop into campus and find a scene?

As for me, I'm sitting here parked on a bench outside the school. If I'm not here, I'll be in the lounge, hanging by the pool, lurking in the library, or making lesson plans in the classroom. You may see me drinking at Lou's every now and then, or at Seaside with my kids, but otherwise, I'll be right here. Strike up a scene--ask for help with an assignment (if I haven't given you one, here's your free pass to make one up), get caught vandalizing something ... beg for extra credit 😈 . Let's just make something happen.

July 31, 2011 at 12:01 am
Profile photo of HRH Princess Lara Windsor II

buffy aura

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

"This was never my story. It's yours. Now, don't screw it up, okay? ."

July 31, 2011 at 11:39 am
Profile photo of trinus

Anonymous

said

July 31, 2011 at 11:55 am
Profile photo of punky

Anonymous

said

August 1, 2011 at 12:47 pm
Profile photo of Tessi snowpaw

tessi-snowpaw

said

August 2, 2011 at 2:04 am
Profile photo of james-matfield

james-matfield

said

August 2, 2011 at 8:26 am
Profile photo of punky

Anonymous

said

August 2, 2011 at 10:31 am

tessi-snowpaw

said

August 2, 2011 at 11:52 am
Profile photo of james-matfield

james-matfield

said

August 2, 2011 at 3:37 pm

tessi-snowpaw

said

August 2, 2011 at 3:57 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.