Group Admins
  • Profile Photo
    Nadir Taov
  • Profile Photo
    Sarah-Michelle Buffy Gage

Columtreal University

Public Group  |  active 2 days, 12 hours ago ago

Students and faculty of Columtreal University in Black Bottom… for important guides and details, visit http://columtreal.com

Computer says no

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of agnes Anonymous 14 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of ethan-constantine

ethan-constantine

said

Guys, I'm posting this here as most, if not all of the folks I regularly RP with check the forums at CU.

During a scene this morning with Buffy, I regret to confirm the death of my computer at approximately 1300 hours on the 17th of March 2010. The family of the Rock CTX Pro has been informed.

Coroner's reports in post mortem have suggested that a catastrophic and irreversible graphics card faliure can be attributed to the death. Declining health has also been identified as a contributory factor, with graphics glitching and multiple crashes in the preceding months.

A service of mourning will be held with the laptop's nearest and dearest. Our thoughts are with them.

Wow, dramatic, mm? Well. It's been with me for four years and seen service in Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm suprised it lasted this long, to be honest. In summary I'm not going to be on SL until I find another means of 'independant' internet access. That is to say access that is not filtered, monitored or otherwise restricted. For example the internet suite unit I'm using now barely lets me on the forums and appears allergic to Twitter.

I'll keep on the forums as often as I am able. James will be the in-world point of contact and is now de-facto, acting president in my SL absence.

ICly I'm trying to think of a legitimate reason for Ethan to poof for a few weeks that isn't overly dramatic or involve death. So I'm probably going to say he was offered a marine biology course just off shore in Hawaii and, being the surfer he is as well as studying biology, went with it.

So, yeah. Sucks to be me. Buffy, sorry for cutting our scene short, lol.

March 17, 2010 at 2:07 pm
Profile photo of agnes

Anonymous

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

March 17, 2010 at 4:14 pm
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.