I’ve been here nearly seven years consistently meaning o have seen, heard, and yes at some points experienced drama. As someone who has been here for so long ; I have a few tips that can help people how to deal with drama.
1. Don’t feed the drama. When Someone is creating drama don’t return it. Sometimes when you remain calm and refuse to throw it back at them they will also calm down.
2. If you get angry wait before you respond. We have all said shit we don’t mean when angry, right? That’s why it’s important to take those extra few minutes or hours before responding. This helps you to be able to proceed with a clear head.
3. Mute/block/report. If someone will not leave you be and continues to harass you, it’s best to block and make an abuse report for CD. Admins look over the case and will get back to you.
4. In less extreme cases its sometimes beneficial to speak to a neutral third party. This might be a mutual friend or a mod. Sometimes they can better get you both to see the other person’s side of the story!
5. There are two sides of every story!!! We are all biased of our own opinions so when we tell our side it’s biased. Remember that if someone tells you about drama. And remember that when you are involved with others. Try to see things from their point of view. It will broaden your perspective.
6. Don’t spread rumors or gossip even
7. Forgive people. No one is perfect. We all make mistakes. We are humans. Accept apologies and forgive those even if you don’t think they deserve it. Holding grudges is pointless and will only hurt you in the end.
8. Voiding should always be last resort. Seriously! It should be only occur if you absolutely cannot deal with the plot! Even if you two part ways you should be able to come up with a way to reflect an end in your story arc. voiding does not just affect the people directly in the story so take heed! If the other person quits don’t void the plot. Find a way, either with them or not, to continue the story.
9. Let shit roll off your shoulders. Yes, drama sucks and it causes a lot of stress but it’s important not to let it linger in your mind. Rant about it in a Private journal. Then let it roll off of you like a raindrop because it’s not worth ruining your fun over.
10. do not make big rash decisions when upset. Don’t kill your character or quit RP or SL because you’ve had some drama. This does not end well. It ends in regret and frustration, especially when you try to reverse what you’ve done. I know drama makes shit feel big but make no decisions until you are calmed down! Let things ride out. Only proceed if you still feel that way after calming down.
11. Don't bring any drama to Twitter feeds. If you must DM a person but do not post drama on Twitter don't respond to drama on Twitter. It makes it worse! It makes drama ten times worse so avoid it at all costs!
Well that is the advice I can think up from my head. I hope it helps!
Did I miss something? Comment with your own tips! Let’s make a manifesto!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.