Group Admins
  • Profile Photo
    Nadir Taov
  • Profile Photo
    Sabrina Morningstar

Columtreal University

Public Group  |  active 2 days ago ago

Students and faculty of Columtreal University in Black Bottom… for important guides and details, visit http://columtreal.com

ANT 237 Forensic Anthropology – IC unless otherwise denoted

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mel Anonymous 13 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of mel

Anonymous

said

((This Thread is another option for IC communication/assignment turn ins/emails/etc as well any OOC info you feel needs to be expressed to me or other students. The following is the syllabus that will be given out in class. Please just denote if your post is OOC, otherwise it will be assumed to be IC! And quick a Thank you to all of you who IMed me with your availability - you rock!))

ANT 237 Forensic Anthropology
Instructor: Melia Cerise
IC Email: [email protected] ((Offlines get sent to real email))
IC Phone#: 555-6745
Meeting times: W 3:30-5:30 SLT
Office Hours: Scheduled per individual
((Feel free to IM me at anytime. Alt = Esperanza Hernandoz)
)

About the course and Forensic Anthropogy:

This course provides an overview of forensic anthropology – an applied field of biological anthropology that uses human osteology, archaeology, and other anthropological research methods to solve problems of medicolegal and/or historic-cultural significance. The identification of skeletal and other decomposed human remains is important for both legal and humanitarian reasons. Forensic anthropologists work to determine the age, sex, ancestry, stature, and unique features of a decedent from the skeleton along with, at times, the determination of personal identity and cause of death from human remains. While proficiency in forensic methods will not be the focus of this course, general identification techniques will be learned in as hands on a manner as possible.

Attendance Policy: Attendance is not mandatory, but participation is. Your best bet is to attend classes, especially those that will be more hands on. Being that I like to be as accommodating as possible, I am ready to make myself available to those who are not able to attend schedule meeting times so they are able to get those participation points in.

Homework/assignments: I rarely give any outside of having students bring in materials, such as bones. I believe that if you want to learn you will do what is needed. I am your professor, not babysitter. Pay attention, come prepared with the answers to the questions I leave you with and then you just may find yourself someone to write you great recommendation letters for your future endeavors or land yourself a spot as TA or RA.

Extra Credit: Bones, Bones, Bones. Bring them in along with where you found them, how, etc along with any thoughts you have about what kind they are and what story they tell you. Other extra credit opportunities will present themselves as the course unfolds and I am also open to ideas.

Exams: Welcome to the Major Leagues, ladies and gentlemen. The days of pop quizzes and midterms are over. Your grade will all boil down to your final ‘exam’ which you will each have to schedule individually with me and consists of an evaluation of what you learned. It is mainly an oral exam (lab style) and you may bring recording devices to keep for your records, though all recordings will not b released to you until after the last student has completed their exam. Enjoy the pressure.

Trips: There will be trips made to the morgue, HPD, and wherever else I decide would be a fun way to get those brains churning. Most will be during scheduled class times, unless agreed otherwise. Majority wins in this case.

Outline of the course:
No, thanks! If I told you that, then you would pick and choose which classes to attend.

((OOC Note: This is just to add to the realism. World isn’t perfect. Things will change as we work out what is fun and what isn’t. I’m more than open to ideas, plots, etc – just shoot me an IM or get together with your classmates. Anything goes!))

February 16, 2011 at 8:18 pm
Profile photo of mel

Anonymous

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

February 18, 2011 at 2:12 am
Profile photo of mel

Anonymous

said

February 24, 2011 at 1:48 am
Profile photo of admin

admin

said

February 24, 2011 at 8:01 am
Profile photo of mel

Anonymous

said

March 3, 2011 at 5:42 pm
Profile photo of mel

Anonymous

said

March 20, 2011 at 8:47 pm
Profile photo of Ellis Millet

ellis-millet

said

March 21, 2011 at 2:54 am
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.