Walter Bishop
Group Mods
  • Profile Photo
    Krystal O'Neil
  • Profile Photo
    Julian Heckler

Hathian Police Department

Public Group  |  active 1 week, 4 days ago ago

The Den’s Largest Gang. Upholding the law of Hathian with absolute corruption.

The Jury’s Out

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kevin Grant adammcbain-stratten 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of Kevin Grant

adammcbain-stratten

said

What's the official verdict on cops carrying their radio on their person when they're off-duty? Some of the people I talked to say it's fine and some say it's not. Someone even got suspended for it.

When I looked for an official rule of it, Derek pointed me to:

Off Duty
When off duty, it is recommended that Officers follow the procedures outlined below.
When off duty, Officers should not be performing police work or intervening in an incident unless necessary or unavoidable.
When off duty, Officers should relax and enjoy the break from their work, making the most of what Hathian has to offer, get to know people, making friends and becoming part of the community.
If off duty and involved in an incident that requires police assistance, Officers are to call 911 to report any incident and allow on duty Officers to resolve the situation. The only exception is when there is immediate threat to the officer or a third person
If off duty and involved in an incident that requires performing Police duties, Officers are to inform a supervising officer that they were involved in said incident. Officers must also submit a interdepartmental letter to a Lieutenant or the Captain explaining the incident.

From the HPD wiki in the procedures section.

This is the closest the wiki comes to specifically tackling this question, although there's no direct mention of radios even in this paragraph. Furthermore, the disclaimer at the top of the Procedures page reads as follows:

The following are the recommended procedures to be used Officers of the Hathian Police Department when performing Police duties. They are only recommendations or suggestions, meant as a guide, not addressing corruption or specific corrupt behavior, rather what would normally be expected of an Officer. These procedures are considered what would be taught to all Officers of the Hathian Police Department at the Police Academy or similar, with all Officers expected to be familiar with their use in character, which is highly encouraged, when appropriate.

With these things in mind, I was hoping to get a direct answer from someone who knows, specifically Nadir? Or stu?

My feeling is that they should be allowed to have them on their person when they're off-duty because not only to many RL cops operate that way (and medics - I always carried my radio, even to class), but civilians also have constant access to police radio should they wish to listen.

So I was just wondering, especially considering someone actually got suspended for it, what the official word is, from the CD gods themselves.

June 1, 2011 at 3:46 am
Profile photo of Stu Canning

stu-canning

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

June 1, 2011 at 5:20 pm
Profile photo of admin

admin

said

June 1, 2011 at 5:40 pm
Profile photo of Hendrich Andel

hendrich-andel

said

June 1, 2011 at 11:51 pm
Profile photo of Simone "Squeaker" Theriault

aven-breen

said

June 29, 2011 at 4:44 pm
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.