Recently there have been a lot of people asking about playing K9's/handlers. So, to make things easier, here's a list of guidelines for players who would like to be K9's.
- Be aware that you don't have a death limit. You are a dangerous weapon, people you are attacking won't spare you just because you are a dog. Take your hits, even though this might mean that you get seriously or lethally injured.
- Find an experienced officer who is IC (and to a certain degree OOC) responsible for your character, and who is willing to RP with you on a more or less regular basis
- Be aware that police RP is still primarily about police work and corruption, not about animal-RP. In most scenes you won't be the center of attention.
- Be aware that cops are not obliged to take you on patrol, and that some RPers simply won't.
- A K9 is a weapon, a tool, not a pet. Human lives and health will always take presedence.
- A K9 who is unpredictable and uncontrollable and keeps endangering the safety of the officers will most likely be put down. Of course that doesn't mean that you should be infallible.
As for handlers, dogs may NOT be NPC'd. They must be played by another person. Find a player who is willing to play a K9 to the standards above.