Group Admins
  • Profile Photo
    Nadir Taov
  • Profile Photo
    Sarah-Michelle Buffy Gage

Columtreal University

Public Group  |  active 4 hours, 7 minutes ago ago

Students and faculty of Columtreal University in Black Bottom… for important guides and details, visit http://columtreal.com

Looters Football Team & Games

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bubbs Zenovka bubbs-zenovka 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of Jason Keaton

sayyid-umarov

said

We have cheerleaders and we have a campus community that's getting stronger by the day. We also have a love of violence. We should bring some football to the Crack Den.

I'd love to help organize a team and have some games. So much benefit could come from this:

* Greater school identity across the Den Sims
* Events to gather Residents together
* Plots branching from these Events

This effort would involve a number of Groups that are gathering momentum. Seaside would be involved because it has the football field and bleachers. Columtreal's Cheer Squad would now have actual games to cheer. Businesses could get involved as sponsors or for after parties. The Hospital could even get involved in the case of injured players.

I think it would be simple to take this to the next level, from a Group to an actual football game. All we really need are a core four players, and we could NPC the rest of the team. The events would unfold through collaborative storytelling over the course of about three hours. I figure we could pull off a season's worth of games, holding them every third - or every-other - Saturday.

As for the opponents' team, we could either NPC them or have players represent them. My preference is for simplicity, and since we're all good roleplayers who have little qualms about getting beat to hell, I think NPC'ing the opponents would be best.

So, here's my thinking on the player positions that we absolutely need to make this happen: Two on Offense - the Quarterback and a Runningback or Receiver - and two on Defense - the Safety and the Defensive End. This isn't to say we don't want other positions. I'd totally love to have some line play. However, we definitely need the more active and authoritative positions, and we should have at least two Residents on either side of the ball so that there can be some collaboration on the field.

If anyone would like to contribute ideas to this, I'm entirely open to them. I'd also like to hear the level of interest. I mean, ultimately, the game comes down to the football players putting on a show, writing the event of a game, so I recognize that the element of actual competition is kind of absent. Still, I don't mind playing a pretty sucky football player on a pretty sucky team, and think I can make it interesting.

Does anybody with a male character associated with the University want to join? If so, drop me a line here or in-world.

Thanks. Let's get those Saturday Night Lights shining.

April 30, 2014 at 10:51 am

sayyid-umarov

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

May 3, 2014 at 8:34 am

sayyid-umarov

said

May 3, 2014 at 10:10 am

sayyid-umarov

said

May 3, 2014 at 11:44 am
Profile photo of Bubbs Zenovka

bubbs-zenovka

said

December 4, 2014 at 6:30 am
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.