Group Admins
  • Profile Photo
    Nadir Taov

Seaside Youth

Public Group  |  active 3 months, 1 week ago ago

Youth characters in Hathian

Sunnydale School

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lizmyth Resident lizmyth resident 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of HRH Princess Lara Windsor II

buffy aura

said

SUNNYDALE SCHOOL
“It’s always sunny, in Sunnydale.”

Background

Following the decent lack of educational facilities in Hathian for youngsters after the closure of Seaside School due to financial difficulties, a group of concerned private investors have taken it upon themselves to take over the old, long abandoned Hunter High school building, and reopen it as a privately run school focusing mainly on the discipline and practical education of Hathian’s youth. Little, if anything is known of the Sunnydale Group that have taken over the facility, other than that the staff they recruit will be well paid, and that they take the business of education very, very seriously indeed. No fees are paid to Sunnydale School and parents are actively “encouraged” to register their children.

Classes

Rather than typical school classes focusing on maths or science, life skills will be considered much more important at Sunnydale. Things like maths may well be replaced by Finances, health classes will be important, as well as important things to Hathian such as First Aid and what to do if a creep asks you to come try his candy.

Discipline

Staff at Sunnydale are permitted to use corporal punishment to discipline their charges. This can include paddling, caning, belting, smacking and whatever other creative ways players can think of, whilst still following the sim rules regarding child av's.

Staff

Anyone interested in becoming a staff member at Sunnydale should contact Buffy Aura inworld.

OOC Stuff
Sunnydale School will serve youth characters in Hathian, both Elementary and High School age children will be able to register. Primarily it is another environment to hang-out in, but also give that background to Youth characters that they have a school to go to. The school will also utilise corporal punishment as a means of disciplining wayward youths. We will only accept registered Crack Den players who have gone through the appropriate application process.

This is NOT an official sim business, nor will I propose it to be until such time as it’s clear roleplay is being generated, however it will be open for youth characters, teachers, parents and anyone who would like to become involved in a more interactive school environment.
I’ve scheduled the opening for some time in January, and if anyone has any feedback on how they’d like to see the school working feel free to comment.

But, but, Buffy….Seaside closed because all the kids were playing in Hathian.

That’s very true and I’m sure nothing will change in that regard. However I will be asking youth players to “register” with the school (ie join the group Sunnydale Too). What WILL change is that the school will openly recruit either truant officers or call the HPD to chase down registered kids who don’t show up on a regular basis and drag them kicking and screaming there or harass their parents (yeah, this could be a dangerous job!). Should the school ever become busy enough to merit becoming an “official” business, then there could be possible interaction with Civil Services.

Teachers are hard to find

Another true point and something I’ve seen as an issue at CU. Teachers will be encouraged to hold some ad-hoc classes but it will definitely be more about the roleplaying the PART of a teacher, rather than delivering a factually correct and perfect class. Teachers will also be able to teach any subject to make things more general and accessible to every player. Their will likely be a mix of ages in any class so keeping things light and fun will be the priority. I suspect many teachers will be alts but anyone willing to play the role full time will be gratefully appreciated.

What roles can I play?

Well, anything that would fit in with a school. Pupils, teachers, janitor, coach, doctor or nurse, librarian, security guard, guidance counsellor, truant officer, and anything else that would add to the environment.

The build is currently up and running should anyone want to visit it.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Vodou/123/169/34

Any questions, drop me an IM inworld to Buffy Aura or post them here.

"This was never my story. It's yours. Now, don't screw it up, okay? ."

January 1, 2014 at 4:42 pm
Profile photo of Blue Noel

bluebell noel

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

January 2, 2014 at 1:08 am

buffy aura

said

January 2, 2014 at 3:51 am

buffy aura

said

January 9, 2014 at 2:36 pm

buffy aura

said

January 12, 2014 at 9:24 am
Profile photo of Blue Noel

bluebell noel

said

January 12, 2014 at 10:00 am
Profile photo of Rory McAuley

anasilan kytori

said

January 18, 2014 at 7:43 pm

buffy aura

said

January 19, 2014 at 9:31 am
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.