Some of our best run and long-standing groups are those that have been proposed and managed by community members. We love hearing new ideas and offering opportunities for members to propose groups.
- Founder must be a registered member of the community
- Founder must be willing to maintain regular presence on the sims, website, and attend in-world meetings with staff
- Founder must be a team player and respect both staff and fellow players at all times
Personal businesses aren’t as deeply scrutinized as gangs or official businesses; it’s a great opportunity for both long-standing and new members to introduce a new business idea that they can run on their own and offer other players an opportunity to be employed there. Before proposing, please have the following ready:
- Locate an available rental on sim or acquire a piece of land where you can run your business. A SLURL to the desired or existing location will be required to copy/paste into the appropriate field in the proposal. Note – rental properties in Hathian are locked until a proposal has been reviewed and accepted.
- Business Name
- Business Type
- Business Description / Mission
- Invitation to the CD Community Leaders group to collaborate with staff and fellow leads
- Your business listed on the official Yellow Pages
- Promote your business in the newspaper
- Establish a group for your business
Official businesses are those that are sponsored by the administration, don’t require rent, and is equipped with the instant-invite “For Hire” sign, employment rosters, and offer employees a way to track their working hours and accrue cred. For this reason, we look for experienced role-players to lead the group with fresh ideas and offer a helping hand to newcomers.
- Identify an available business you’re interested in running
- Business Mission
When a proposal is submitted, it enters the first phase of the review process which involves an admin running a background check on the founder’s prerequisites and making sure the proposal makes sense for the community. When an admin deems it appropriate, the proposal will then be submitted to the community via the Group Proposal subforum. After a few days of discussion, which requires the founder to answer/comment on community feedback, an admin will either approve or reject the business proposal.
Approved Proposals: Group Setup
When a group proposal has been approved, founders can expect the following:
- IM from an admin indicating that the proposal has been successfully approved and an appropriate group name
- Personal business founders may create the group with the name assigned by the admin and must invite Hathian Monitor with the owner role.
- Personal business founders may create group titles to help organize and promote their group on the sim; each group title must be approved by an admin. Please note we encourage groups to minimize the number of group titles used – a best practice is to judge how many people will actually be assigned the title and eliminate those with less than 3 active players.
- Official business leaders will be assigned as “Lead” on their group roster and may request Nadir Taov to assign the “Lead” role in the in-world group.
- Official business leaders may not change entree-level roles since they are tied with the instant-invite system; they may request additional roles to Nadir Taov, but must explain why the role is necessary and how it will apply to a broad number of employees.
- Both personal and official business leaders will be invited to the “RP Leaders” group on the website where you will have access to special guides and tips to manage your group.