The use of firearms is heavily restricted to ensure that our role-play environment stays as close to its roots and theme as possible. Please consider the following:
- Firearms can only be obtained by criminals and citizens from the 24 Hour Pawn Shop. There you will find vendors for approved guns in CD and the application launchers that will inform you if you are eligible yet as well as links to this guide and helpful information to introduce you to the world of guns.
- Police officers must also apply and will be issued HPD-issued sidearms when accepted. When you leave the HPD your gun will be taken from you. You may reapply as a citizen provided you have enough cred.
- Any complaints about guns should be documented and given to a RP Mod, GM or Admin in the form of a notecard. Do not expect answers from administration on how close you are to getting a gun tag.
- Gun role-play used on private land will not be regulated by the sim unless it involves the HPD or CD official gangs.
- Read on below to learn how you earn eligibility…
In order to ensure the sim maintains its ethos, we have decided to allow the following firearms to be used:
- Semiautomatic Pistols
The following firearms are banned from the sim unless authorized by an admin:
- Automatic Rifles
- Submachine Guns
- Machine Guns
- Sniper Rifles
- Armor Piercing Bullets
The following firarms are banned and are not to be used in the sim at any time.
- Desert Eagles
- Rocket Launchers
- Grenade Launchers
- Any firearms not listed above
Police and Firearms
Officers of the Hathian Police Department are armed with a semiautomatic pistol or a revolver as their standard sidearm when performing their duties. The officers in the Hathian Police Department are required to follow strict guidelines when handling firearms. The Hathian Police Department will have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy toward those officers who fail to follow these guidelines.
In addition to the standard sidearm on their person, the Hathian Police Department also have an associated arsenal of firearms including those weapons that are considered banned. Only the Chief or Captain of the Hathian Police Department (or in his absence an admin) will have the authority to authorize the use of the banned weapons.
The Hathian Police Department has grenade launchers in their arsenal, but it is only allowed to be used for firing canisters with tear gas for riot control purposes.
Remember, the use of your firearm should always be a LAST resort!