Group Admins
    Nadir Taov

Seaside Youth

Public Group  |  active 1 month ago ago

Youth characters in Hathian

Arrested kids who shouldn’t be released

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of hunt-highfield Hunt highfield 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts

Hunt highfield

said

Hello all,

My character got into some trouble last night and was briefly detained by the HPD. As I understand the rules, my character, being 10 years old, is too young to be put in a regular cell but when the cop dragged little Hunt to Juvenile Detention, Juvenile Detention wasn’t there. So, after consulting fellow CDers in group chat and IMing Nadir, Hunt was taken back to the HPD interview room, which isn’t an appropriate place to incarcerate a prisoner beyond questioning and initial processing. After being questioned, Hunt was NPC dragged to the Social Services office and released since there wasn’t an available place to lock him up. Considering what Hunt did, it seems unrealistic to me that he would be released without some sort of IC consequence more severe than what he experienced.

Now that Juvenile Detention is gone, what should happen to underage characters who get into too much trouble to be released? I don’t see keeping them in the HPD interview room as being a viable ongoing solution, especially if Seaside Elementary and High Schools grow like I hope they will.

Hunt Highfield

February 23, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Anonymous

said

Juvie was only brought about 4 times a year as it is. We did have a youth jail in FT, but it’s just not used enough to spare the prims for with all the other RP things that -are- being used. Juvie is a special RP, and by invite only once we open it for each session. We have no plans at this time to open it again until April at least. With Seaside growing and taking up our time, we’re really focusing on it right now.

As a 10 yo, if you get =arrested=, I’d suggest NPCing that you are released to your real/foster/adoptive families if they are not around to RP that out. Police reports can still be done and sw’s can read them, but realistically, you’re not going to be kept in jail. You’d be remanded to the custody of a guardian. Even if it’s NPC’d.

February 23, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Hunt highfield

said

Tre, thanks for the prompt reply.

Everyone,

I was unaware that Juvenile Detention Center was exclusively used for a special invite-only RP. I was under the false impression that the facility was used to incarcerate underage characters too young for jail but guilty or suspected of crimes too serious to allow release. Frequent mentions of the use of a Juvenile Detention facility in other CD contexts, the Rival School RP Guidelines is an example, gave me this false impression. Perhaps in these contexts, the facility is an NPC facility?

I agree that, in most cases, a 10 year old probably wouldn’t be kept in cell for very long, if at all. However, I also think it is implausible that a 10 year could attempt to throw a chair at a cop, verbally abuse the cop and vandalize a cop car and then be sent home with only a stern talking to.

Two possible ways to handle such a situation in the absence of an appropriate Juvenile Detention facility include:
1. NPC that my character was locked up for an appropriate time in a NPC facility somewhere. During this incarceration, my character would not be seen in CD.
2. Involuntarily commit my character to Hathian General’s Psych Ward. After all, a 10 year old attacking a cop without provocation must be crazy, right? This approach assumes that the Psych Ward is TOS legal for kid avs. I don’t know that it is.

Any other ideas?

Hunt Highfield

February 23, 2010 at 11:39 pm

Rabid bedlam

said

well since the time continuum can be what we make it in cd npcing that you were in juvy for longer than you are would seem to be a logical conclusion. I don’t see why having someone not be able to rp for days on end because there IC character did something. Because there are only so many of us and so many authorities that want to roleplay with kids we often have to look for creative npc solutions. About Juvy sessions. The first session was a trial run where it was invite only basically. The second one was opened up much broader and this one will be opened up to any youth character that roleplays in the Hathain core that is able to role play and willing to comit to a two week intense experience. Also they need to have an arrest. We are thinking it will be in late April as we want to focus on the school for now.

February 24, 2010 at 1:09 am

Hunt highfield

said

Hello everyone,

I just got the group notices about the new kiddie jail and kiddie shelter. Problem solved. You people rock!

Hunt Highfield

February 24, 2010 at 3:09 am
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.