One-on-One Interviews
As most of you know, Gideon is performing performance evaluations for every officer. This is a time consuming task but I am confident I'll get to everyone. All IC and OOC impressions and recommendations are being forwarded to the admins. While I have been given a lot of freedom in deciding who to promote, demote or terminate, I am counting on feedback from a variety of other people in making the big decisions, like promotions to Sergeant/Lieutenant or total terminations.

K9 Division

While the K-9 division exists, it's more or less a loose concept. We are organizing a more official division to be headed up by Sarah Carlucci and Skye Almari.

HOTP

The Hathian Officer Training Program hasn't taken off quite like I had hoped because quite simply, I don't have time. I need some strong, corrupt Corporals and Sergeants to take the initiative and start holding training sessions for the rookies. The sessions should largely consist of reminding them what the HPD is what they have signed up for, telling them what to look out for, advising them of gang personnel and hot spots and sending them on supervised patrol to see if they get it. You should also be taking OOC questions and giving guidance as necessary.

New Policies

HOTP - Hathian Officer Training Program. All rookies should try to attend 1-3. Up until they have done that and have a clear IC and OOC understanding of how to do everything, they should try to travel in pairs and stay out of trouble.

Inmate Care - The food cart and storage have been completely emptied and all meals replaced with a corn-based glop that comes prepackaged in flimsy paper trays. Prisoners should only be fed if their jail time exceeds 24 hours and then only 1-2 times per day. If an inmate wants a burger or a soda or anything else, they should barter for it with individual officers.

Medical care, showers... basically everything the prisoners could want or need should be given out only as deemed absolutely necessary. If an inmate wants a cigarette, a tylenol or a phone call they need to be willing to trade for it, from sexual favors to intel, drugs, weapons, cash... it's up to the officers dealing with them.

Gang Relations - Basically, don't go start a war without approval. Unless first provoked, leave the gangs alone unless you see obvious and naked defiance and then you should call for back up and proceed by the book unless approved for excessive force. We don't want another battle on our hands with more dead cops and Locke is trying to keep the door open for possible future relations with the gangs for shady deals.

Less Paper

We are going to be doing less on paper. I know Jack Hartigan liked paper but I do not. If you want something (like a vehicle, a scope for your gun or anything else), just ask me. I do not require a complicated form.

Supervisor Autonomy

We have different divisions, patrol, K-9, the MCU... and for each of those divisions there are assigned sergeants. Those sergeants should be behaving as leaders, keeping track of who works for them, who needs discipline, arranging patrols/tasks/training schedules and otherwise taking some of the load off of your Lieutenants and Captains who are dealing with a lot of OOC things and don't always have the time to babysit such a huge roster when someone needs to be suspended or promoted. Sure, we like a heads up but please don't feel like everything has to go through Susser or myself. You're a sergeant because we trust you to do these things.

Corruption

I'm sure by now most of you have noticed the HPD is moving in a darker direction. Officers who do not embody the corrupt spirit of the HPD are being shuffled to ranks/assignments where they won't be in the way, or are being fired outright. But that doesn't mean you need to play a psychopath to advance. There seems to be a little confusion there. I've had a lot of officers come in for interviews who were very corrupt, but also extremely disrespectful to Locke and other superiors. Believe me Locke is in love with himself and he'll give a lot more rewards to the obedient lackeys. Sure maybe you hate him or hate being a follower, but the higher you rise the more you get to boss other people around. Just a handy OOC tip for those who really want to climb the ladder. Locke will be demanding more respect for Corporals, Sergeants, Lieutenants and Captains.

Back Ally Deals

So far Locke has two back ally deals in place. One is with Rory McAuley, we leave her and her thriving little industry alone and in exchange she gives Locke intel on what's happening on the streets. And 10% of her over all profit. Those profits are being used as a cash bonus for deserving officers who go the extra mile.

The other is with Valena Dowe. We'll leave her alone if she quashes some of the negative press about the HPD or alters it and we'll also feed her the stories we want to see in the paper.