Promotions & Special Titles
We have a few stars on the rise in the HPD as we organize for a more effective and cohesive leadership. Now, I've been hearing a few murmured complaints over some of the promotions. Please bear in mind that promotions are not based on longevity or rank. They are based on who is best for the job according to daily observations and conversations with the admins as well as possibly being influenced by some IC factors.

Please welcome Jeremiah Xuanzang to the rank of Lieutenant. He has been personally selected as Gideon's right hand man and is overseeing administrative duties at the HPD including the title of Municipal Coordinator which means he's facilitating all business between the HPD and FDH/HGH/CS.

In addition, Officer Sarah Carlucci has been promoted to the rank of Sergeant I and lead of the K-9 Division in cooperation with Corporal Skye Almari. Officer Nickolai Zelmanov has been promoted to Patrol Sergeant I.

Sergeant III Grace Robertson has been given the special title of HOTP Mentor and will now be in charge of the HPD's training program. In the future, all sergeants or corporals who wish to lead or assist with an HOTP session should first attend one led by Sergeant Robertson to learn the protocol.

Divisons
I've been receiving a lot of notecards and IM's from people with some great ideas for new divisions, but at this time and for the foreseeable future, we will not be introducing any new divisions to the HPD.

Our current divisions are:

Administration: Leads are Chief Nadir Taov, Captain Benjamin Stoneage, Captain Gideon Locke and Lieutenant Jeremiah Xuanzang.
Administration does not deal with any one division but serves all of them and includes OOC as well as IC responsibilities.

General/Patrol: Leads are Lieutenant Jessica Susser, Sergeant Grace Robertson, Sergeant Nickolai Zelmanov and Sergeant Sarah Fox.
Patrol are responsible for 90% of the HPD's IC work including responding to 911 calls, running patrols, issuing citations, booking filing incident reports and booking arrests.

K-9: Leads are Sergeant Sarah Carlucci and Corporal Skye Almari
K-9 is not really its own division, it is a baby sister of patrol. All officers of the K-9 unit are expected to carry out patrol responsibilities with the added benefit of being able to use dogs for suspect control, locating missing persons or wanted criminals, locating corpses or searches for explosives, drugs or chemicals.

Major Crimes Unit: Leads are Sergeant Angel Moonshadow and Corporal Shawn Jones
MCU handles investigations into major crimes (rape, murder, terrorism, serial crimes) as well as running the CSI aspects of the HPD.

First Aid Training
I've heard a lot of feedback for officers want a SWAT team or ERT (Emergency Response Team). That won't happen, but Jeremiah Xuanzang is working with Rog Messemer to set up training for all HPD officers who want to learn how to best react in an emergency situation including first aid training and how to react in instances of fire, bomb threats, hostage situations and natural disaster.

Back Ally Deals
Presently we have deals with:

Rory McAuley: Is providing intel or cash proceeds in exchange for protection from criminal charges or police intervention in her drug industry.

Valena Dowe: Is censoring bad press about the HPD in the Observer in exchange for the occasional tidbit for a story and favor with the HPD; meaning we don't harass her and if she calls wanting a favor, we consider it.

The Immortals: Are leaving the HPD and its officers and officers' family members alone and supporting the HPD in exchange for reduced bail, looking the other way for minor crimes and quashing evidence.

Nero: Is providing mercenary services in exchange for information.

Less Paper
I am aware that previous Captains had issued certain forms for vehicle requisition, or a firearms agreement policy among other things. These are outdated and no longer valid. Unless your receive something from the Chief, a Captain, Lieutenant or Sergeant, you may disregard it as outdated policy.

Gang Relations
At present we are at war with The Reapers who are to be arrested on sight. Our status with the Sumfai remains guarded and we are on friendly terms with The Immortals.