Walter Bishop
Group Mods
  • Profile Photo
    Krystal O'Neil
  • Profile Photo
    Julian Heckler

Hathian Police Department

Public Group  |  active 1 week, 3 days ago ago

The Den’s Largest Gang. Upholding the law of Hathian with absolute corruption.

Minimum Standard?

This topic contains 22 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Charlie Devereuax charlie feld 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of Jason Jestyr

jason-jestyr

said

I don't mean to sound like a jackass here, but I was wondering what the thoughts would be on implementing a minimum-citizenship requirement for HPD membership? We get a decent number of people who come on-Sim with 'CD Drifter' tags and applying to the HPD before they even understand how the Sim itself works, and the norms of simple RP actions a lot of us take for granted like 911 calls, metagaming, character interactions, and combat.

The attrition rate for Rookies is extremely high - I've lost track of how many have come and gone over the past year or so. It seems most of these appear on-Sim, go all gusto for a week or two, then lose interest and disappear. That's fine, and nothing wrong with that, but when we not only have to teach them IC and OOC how to handle being am HPD Officer, but have to add in having to show someone basic Sim rules and etiquette, the result can be a little maddening. I can personally vouch for that.

There's also the issue of entrusting what is probably one of the more "powerful" jobs on the Sim to brand new players who don't understand basic Sim rules and etiquette, something I've had a few people complain to me about from time to time - and most of the time their complaints are valid.

I'm not all piss and vinegar though - I do see a simple solution to this issue. Require players have their character as a Citizen for a minimum time period on-Sim... Say 30 days or so, so they can at least be familiar with basic rules and on-Sim etiquette. I know a Rookie is a Rookie for 30 days, of course. But this would simply add another requirement of actually being familiar with the Sim before you start trying to police it.

Thoughts? Anyone? Feel free to agree, disagree, expand, or just troll me.

June 3, 2013 at 4:43 pm

jason-jestyr

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

June 3, 2013 at 11:43 pm
Profile photo of Bliour Michaels

windie-melody

said

June 4, 2013 at 9:45 am

jason-jestyr

said

June 4, 2013 at 4:14 pm
Profile photo of Jessica Susser

jessica-susser

said

June 4, 2013 at 11:47 pm
Profile photo of Jessica Susser

jessica-susser

said

June 4, 2013 at 11:56 pm

jason-jestyr

said

June 5, 2013 at 11:37 am
Profile photo of Charlie Devereuax

charlie feld

said

June 5, 2013 at 3:37 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.