Walter Bishop
Group Mods
  • Profile Photo
    Krystal O'Neil
  • Profile Photo
    Julian Heckler

Hathian Police Department

Public Group  |  active 1 week, 3 days ago ago

The Den’s Largest Gang. Upholding the law of Hathian with absolute corruption.

JUST FOR FUN AND INFORMATION: Tell me if I’m correct

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jhoney-newman jhoney-newman 15 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of darryl-deerhunter

darryl-deerhunter

said

Okay..just for fun I'd like to write out how a roleplay SHOULD go in my humble opinion. I have responded to several calls where the roleplay made no sense whatsoever. I hope this will help.

I am going to create a fictional incident. Man waving a gun at Lou's.

The 911 call comes in and I respond with lights and sirens from D8 or somewhere. Hopefully someone else responds as well, as this would be a Priority 1 call as it involves a firearm. We arrive, and that's where the RP starts. DD is me Darryl Deerhunter OO is the other officer C1 is crook 1 and CC is crook 2.

I arrive on the scene. First please DONT shoot at me when I first arrive. I have several things OOC that I need to do before I can even begin RPing..and driving the SUV across town adds a ton of lag to my playing for about five minutes after I exit the vehicle. Plus I need to shut off my siren..which depending on lag takes several seconds to a minute...and I need to get out..delete my details and position myself outside the driver's door. At the point I will say something like /me looks around in the darkness and takes in the scene.
Now remember...I am lagging..nothing is rezzed and I can't see shit..maybe someone could IM me and say "there are two men in the alleyway with guns pointed at each other." Or perhaps C1 could say "/me turns and begins firing at the police vehicle" if he or she really wants to do that. In real life what would most likely happen is you would either 1) hide the guns and try walk off nonchalantly 2) run off quickly and hide or 3) surrender. In real life gun standoffs don't continue when the police arrive.

Usually what happens is this: C1: /me shoots the headlights and flashing lights out of the cruiser and then runs off down the alley (then actually runs off) So basically firing enough rounds to take out all those lights as well as running down the alley is like 5-6 turns....I am still in turn one.

Anyway...here is the rest of the RP.

DD: peers over the hood and takes in the scene...noting where everyone is at.
(IN IM TO DD FROM C1: I am in the alley with C2. I threw away the gun in a panic C2 still has his and we are starting to run off.)
C1: panics and throws the gun into the dumpster and turns to run
C2: Tucks his gun into his pants and takes off
OO: Ducks down behind the car next to Darryl
DD: Sees the man tuck something into his pants and observes them running off. He gets up and begins to run after them "Stop! They're running!" radioing control as he runs "Two (pant) suspects...white males (pant) they're headed down (pant) the alley to South Taft Street"
C1: goes around the dumpster and feels along the wooden fence as he runs
C2: Takes off straight down the alley
(both walk a few steps)
OO: Quickly stands up and takes out his sidearm, pivoting to give chase

That short part should be enough..anyway...Any feedback..

BTW: I have been here for like six weeks and recently I have been playing every morn and night...Innit about time DD gets a promotion??? I got pictures Captain! I'll use em! :p

April 29, 2008 at 7:39 pm
Profile photo of anonymous

Anonymous

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

April 30, 2008 at 12:24 am
Profile photo of jhoney-newman

jhoney-newman

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

April 30, 2008 at 3:29 am
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.