As I'm sure most of you are aware there is currently a sim-wide story arc centred around the gangs of Hathian, currently involving The Rejects, The Reapers, The Immortals, The Devouring and The Syndicate.

Traditionally HPD usually have a large, intrusive part of any RP or arc involving the gangs, however for this arc we've asked the HPD to take a back seat and to remain passive and neutral in any violence that may erupt. After some planning there may be from tonight (relative to the date and time of this forum post) the beginnings of very public, very loud, very graphic violence on Bourbon street.

The No Patrol Zone has now been dropped because it's purpose has been served, however, we will be asking HPD officers to respond in a particular way to any calls 911, radio or otherwise to Bourbon street, especially those regarding violence or gang interaction. HPD officers should not rush to the scene and remain at the end(s) of Bourbon street. Senior officers (Those of Lieutenant and above, but also including MCU Sergeant) will take charge of the situation and instruct officers to form blocks at the end of the road. Officers will be expected to NOT engage with the gangs unless in self defence or if the gangs attempt to leave Bourbon street.

There will be at this time no special equipment or weapons authorized for officers, except for shotguns for Lieutenants and above (though only with non-lethal rounds and not for use unless absolutely necessarily). This may change as the arc develops or comes to an end or as operationally required but further instructions and policy changes will be made between now and then.

I would ask ALL officers to respect and respond appropriately to the IC and OOC decisions made by Lieutenants and Captains in order to keep things controlled but fun for everyone involved!

I hope HPD can take a great deal of fun and enjoyment from this arc even if they're not directly involved!