To: [COUNCIL]

Subject: Legalization of Recreational Marijuana

In light of the legalization of medical marijuana, I would like to propose the legalization of recreational marijuana products. The revenue we can generate could reach the hundreds of thousands a year. I have taken time to looking into the process, and figure it is something we can attain. I have weighted the pros and cons and have decided to introduce this proposal into a vote. It really is the progressive thing to do.

Legalization of Recreational Marijuana:
Why should we legalize it?

Reduce harm
the criminalization of marijuana use disproportionately harms young people and people of color, sponsors massive level of violence and corruption and fails to curb youth access.

Create jobs
legalizing and regulating marijuana will bring one of the nation's larges cast crops under the rule of law. This well create jobs and economic opportunities in the formal economy instead of the illicit market.

Save money
Scarce law enforcement will be better used to ensure public safety while reducing corrections and court costs. Local governments would acquire new sources of tax revenue from regulating marijuana sales.

Promote consumer safety
Marijuana product testing is becoming a standard requirement for legalized marijuana markets. This means consumers are better informed about the marijuana they use.

There are many other aspects, and I would be happy to sit down with anyone willing and discuss this as well as all possible options that we would have available.

I look forward to meeting each of you regarding this opportunity to better our city with increased tax revenue.

Charis Lemoine.