Group Admins
  • Profile Photo
    Nadir Taov
  • Profile Photo
    Sarah-Michelle Buffy Gage

Columtreal University

Public Group  |  active 3 days, 17 hours ago ago

Students and faculty of Columtreal University in Black Bottom… for important guides and details, visit http://columtreal.com

Quarter Length? SEXY GRADUATION MADNESS!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tre Anonymous 15 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of

Anonymous

said

I’m currently in the process of breaking down how long quarters are. In the spirit of moving things along, I motion that each quarter last a month long. I know it’s brief, but there’s got to be some speed that helps this process move along.

There’s been a little deliberation on what makes a full time or part time student. It is in my personal opinion, that full time students take two classes, while part time students take only a single class. Having a few classes is in the best interest of everybody, for there’s a lot going on the Crack Den and in real life. I’d rather not have players bogged down in classes that don’t apply toward something in a more tangible state.

What’s required to pass a class? This is a topic of much debate! I’m leaving it up to the individual instructors to decide on how to manage their classes. I will however suggest that instructors require very few assignments with grades in pass/fail. Class participation is going to be mighty difficult to maintain. I unfortunately don’t have an answer for that problem.

In the case of students, scheduling is entirely independent on their own accord. They pick their own classes to attend and fill out assignments. It’s quite important that instructors advertise when classes are held! Tell everyone, post on the forums, make notices! I’ll even make notices!

At the end of a quarter, instructors are required to pass final grades to Geoffrey Welders. Grades will be compiled and kept on file on the forums as public record! This system may change at a later date, but with quite advanced notice.

How does a student move on up? For every six credits earned, by passing a class, a student shall move up in school rank. For example, at six credits a Freshman becomes a sophomore. At twelve credits a sophomore becomes a junior. At eighteen credits, a junior becomes a senior. Finally, at twenty-four credits a senior earns a degree and becomes an alumni. In total, a full time student can graduate Columtreal University in a year.

We’re currently debating the rewards of obtaining a degree. It may be something like, when applying for a job out in CD, a college graduate automatically starts up a few ranks from the bottom or obtains a special job title. This isn’t official, but it’s what we’re playing with right now.

January 29, 2009 at 5:27 am
Profile photo of tre

Anonymous

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

January 29, 2009 at 5:32 am
Profile photo of

Anonymous

said

January 29, 2009 at 5:37 am
Profile photo of kalin

Anonymous

said

January 29, 2009 at 5:50 am
Profile photo of

Anonymous

said

January 29, 2009 at 6:06 am
Profile photo of mitch-bisnovat

mitch-bisnovat

said

January 29, 2009 at 3:28 pm
Profile photo of tre

Anonymous

said

January 29, 2009 at 6:21 pm
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.