Hey there everyone!  This isn't really an introduction since I've been involved in CU for some time now, but i just wanted to let everyone know I've been picked to serve as CU's Community Manager.  Don't worry, this post isn't meant to be a brag fest or anything, I just want to take a small moment to let everyone know what I have planned and in the works right now, some information gathering, as well as inviting everyone to utilize me if they need some kind of help coordinating plot or story developments they have going on.

So, first off!  Just a snap shot of my vision for what I would like to see CU grow into...note, this isn't the only concept and theme that I will support, its just the one I am developing right now.  If you have a different idea of what you want your time on campus to be, and you need some help developing it, please let me know and I will do whatever I can to support it, regardless of where it stakes up relative to what I have in mind.

I want to develop the campus into what I would best describe as...."young adult soap opera" kind of thing.  Anyone who is a fan of shows like "One Tree Hill," "Dawson's Creek," "Gilmore Girls," that sort of thing, but with a more college campus focused slant, obviously.  Largely slice of life type storylines, but emphasizing the more dramatic interactions people might have.  So, things like rivalries between sorority/fraternity groups, tension between social groups, difficulties of trying to balance school and social lives, and even positive concepts like teachers mentoring students or exploring the bonds of fellowship in the academic setting.

Again, this isn't the only thing that will occur on campus, and it won't be the only theme I work to promote.  If you have an idea of something you want to see, feel free to let me know and I would love to work with you!

Now, the best way to get there is to understand where we stand now, so Im going to be doing a little fact finding here to get an assessment of what we already have going on in the campus.  So, Im asking the leads of any faction to post here who they are and what their faction is, so we can get an idea of what we have already.  From what I can tell we have a few teachers, myself included, I think there are two sororities on campus, and the cheer squad, but I could easily be missing some folk.  Either way, anyone who is involved in leading a group on campus, just let me know here so I can start coordinating our efforts.

Now, as I can see it, we already have the academic side of the campus starting to grow again.  I see several classes being taught each week, though it would be nice to branch out into other subject areas.  Sometime in the next couple weeks I ill have a hiring fair for additional instructors to start coming in and teaching in other subject areas.  We also need to start developing the campus's social life as well, so I will start working with the various student groups to begin hosting some more social events, the current one I have in mind being a sort of..."taste of home" event where all the students bring a dish to a potluck type event that they would eat back at home.  The Cheer Squad has been a bit of a pet project of mine as well, though it has having some difficulty with there being two groups for the squad, so I will keep everyone updated on that as things develop.

So that's my preliminary assessment, obviously this is all subject to change as things develop, but I just wanted to give everyone n idea of where square one is as we start out.  I look forward to working with each and every one of you, so if any of you have questions, concerns, requests, suggestions, whatever, feel free to hit me up!