In Character

Course Name: Introduction to Criminal Justice Systems
Course Code: ICJS101
Instructor: Dr. David Rasche
*** UPDATE ***
due to an unexpected illness, this class will be covered by former Captain Jack Hartigan of the HPD, until such time as Dr. Rasche can return.
Time: Wednesday or Thursdays 4pm SLT

Description:
This course examines the past, present, and future of the American criminal justice system. Topics discussed include how laws are created: the history and types of law enforcement, structure of the court system, and changing philosophies of the American correctional system. Students also examine the role of legal precedent, the death penalty, prison life, and the juvenile justice system.

Out of Character

So I ask everyone bare with me, this is something for me as a writer, having played a cop for the past 4 years in CD. Ideally anyone who wishes to attend this class should IC'ly assume they are taking a class from a real (NPC'd) Professor. Jack will be filling in for this professor indefinitely as part of an arrangement for payoffs. IC'ly he's not overly enthused to have to "teach" but realizes it's the only way to get his money back. This will play out in a variety of manners throughout the class - but I do fully intend on grabbing real nuggest of information to bestow during some hopefully amusing and entertaining scenes.

What can you expect? I'll be honest, I don't know 100%. My intentions are to have some wacky classroom antics including live demonstrations (like hookers and cage fights) to crazy assignments like (rob a liquor store and don't get caught - maybe not that crazy). I'm open for suggestions so please don't be shy.

As for the first class - I'm thinking of having the very first class on Thursday the 24th at 4pm SLT, as more of an introduction class and then the first full blown class a couple weeks later.