Group Admins
  • Profile Photo
    Nadir Taov
  • Profile Photo
    Sarah-Michelle Buffy Gage

Columtreal University

Public Group  |  active 6 days, 18 hours ago ago

Students and faculty of Columtreal University in Black Bottom… for important guides and details, visit http://columtreal.com

CU Version 2 – Idea’s here.

This topic contains 72 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tessi snowpaw tessi-snowpaw 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
Profile photo of HRH Princess Lara Windsor II

buffy aura

said

With the new CU Build a few days away, I've been talking to a lot of you about new fresh ideas and it's time to get your feedback and get some concrete ideas in place.

Okay, I’ve tossed a few ideas here and there before. Some of them you liked, some of them you didn’t, some will be repeated here. Let’s just throw out the old preconceptions and notions and the idea that campus should be this, or it should be that. Just for as second. If YOU were in charge, how would you do it.
I’ll speak in generic terms before giving a specific example of what I mean. If I was going to give MY vision for campus, I guess it would be like this:

A self sufficient sim. Whilst Hathian is there to be used when needed, let’s try and keep the RP here. Which means we need to cater for the sort of RP people leave CU to find there as well, but let’s just give it its own college flavour.

“Welcome to the jungle
We got fun 'n' games
We got everything you want
Honey we know the names
We are the people that can find
Whatever you may need
If you got the money honey
We got your disease”

CU Campus
This is a college in one of the most run down ghettos in Louisiana. I’ve been guilty a few times of trying to bring a bit more class to the college, and it’s not necessary and it’s not what CD is about. So imagine if you will everything you’ve heard about the worst educational establishments on the planet. The place should be anarchy, accepting students that nowhere else will take or they come here because it’s the only place they can afford. We are the delinquents, the deranged, the uneducated and the poor. It is a vast melting pot of youth from around the world; Young adults from broken homes with broken lives and broken dreams. College is the only thing they can aspire to, but it gives them just a small glimmer of hope that one day, they can break out of this cycle. Until then, they need to survive.

CU Faculty
The most important role of all. Whatever their reasons for choosing to teach at this college lets again remember the environment. They might really have a degree in teaching and have a genuine desire to help these broken kids. Or...more likely they’ve got an illegitimate internet qualification and are trying to milk it for everything they’ve got. Either way, the Faculty are the law when it comes to giving these students their golden ticket to a better life. Therefore they should be corrupt, happy to accept bribes, sleazing over the students, and be the kingmakers and breakers on campus, playing favourites and playing games of chess with the students lives.

CU Student Body
So there’s a great aversion to the word “gangs” being used in terms of CU. Maybe because everyone pictures the Rejects eating babies and are horrified of that ever taking place in class. But let’s be real for a moment. This is a ghetto where crime is rife. Therefore our student groups should be our own forms of gangs. We shouldn’t be waiting for some outside dealer to come and push drugs on us, or some streetwalker to offer a blow job behind Val’s for 10 bucks, or a Hobo to come and pick our pockets. Their gonna be too busy fighting for their turf in Hathian. We should be doing this ourselves. This is where our different groups come in. Let’s say the Cheerleaders run a prostitution ring, we have a sorority full of thieves, and a frat full of drug pushers. And of course there’s the old gem of “protection”...Uhm, football team anyone?

Of course, not every student will want to become involved in this, and we need victims and targets just as much as everyone. That’s where the standard student roles of Freshman, Junior, Senior etc. come in, and where everyone should start until they know which direction they want to take. They are your hard working students who just want to make their grades and get a good job when they leave. They can form any of the other campus groups. Book clubs, study groups etc.

CU Campus Police
I’ve tried the role of Campus Security and its actually pretty fun. Lets up the role to proper Campus Police. Perhaps not as regulated as the HPD, but certainly just as corrupt. Busting students for drugs and confiscating the haul, busting a cheerleader for soliciting and making her pay the “fine”...you get the picture. They are able to roam everywhere and anywhere on campus, conducting random searches on greek row, raiding parties, and in serious cases, can call in the big guns, the HPD. It would be a great training role for people wanting to progress to the big police department next door and perhaps all rookies should be assigned to the campus police role for training.

CU Landmarks
So we all know Lou’s and the Titty Twister and the Grind. It’s time CU had its own permanent landmarks. We have Val’s Pub. I’d happily rebuild a more permanent version of The Dollhouse. A book store has been suggested on many occasions. It looks like with the new build we’ll have permanent Greek houses which is fantastic 🙂 Hopefully these will be more central and bring old and new faces onto campus for their rp.

So that’s my vision of how campus should be, I’d like to hear yours. With Hathian getting a refresh, it seems silly not to do the same and create over the groups we have as well. Because the current ones seem to have run out of steam...and even my beloved SIK are a million miles away from when they started, setting fire to half of Hathian for kicks. Like the CD gangs, we still have our history, but if we want new blood which we need desperately, something has to change. I know not all of you would want to “start over” but it seems to me now is the right time to make some fundamental changes to how the RP here works.

Now onto some specific ideas....

"This was never my story. It's yours. Now, don't screw it up, okay? ."

October 30, 2010 at 10:29 pm

buffy aura

said

Sign in at the very top to read this reply. ツ

October 30, 2010 at 10:31 pm

buffy aura

said

October 30, 2010 at 10:33 pm
Profile photo of melrose

Anonymous

said

October 30, 2010 at 11:06 pm
Profile photo of perina mcginnis

perina mcginnis

said

October 31, 2010 at 12:03 am
Profile photo of admin

admin

said

October 31, 2010 at 12:09 am

buffy aura

said

October 31, 2010 at 12:24 am
Profile photo of punky

Anonymous

said

October 31, 2010 at 4:50 pm
Profile photo of Tessi snowpaw

tessi-snowpaw

said

October 31, 2010 at 5:09 pm
Profile photo of perina mcginnis

perina mcginnis

said

October 31, 2010 at 5:17 pm

buffy aura

said

October 31, 2010 at 5:18 pm

buffy aura

said

October 31, 2010 at 5:31 pm
Profile photo of melrose

Anonymous

said

October 31, 2010 at 6:27 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.