Some of our best run and long-standing groups are those that have been proposed and managed by community members. We love hearing new ideas and offering opportunities for members to propose groups.
- Founder must be a registered member of the community
- Founder must be willing to maintain regular presence on the sims, website, and attend in-world meetings with staff
- Founder must be a team player and respect both staff and fellow players at all times
We maintain a crucial balance between criminal and law enforcement activity on the streets of Hathian. To continue allowing fresh ideas into the community, we have established three stages in which a gang can grow into. Before proposing, please understand each stage:
- Initial Stage (Soft Trial): Trial factions may be composed of one leader and 1-3 members. As this is a trial stage there are no tags, no official turf and no recruits yet allowed. Trial will last for 3 weeks in time and at the end of this period of time they must be submitted for official proposal in order to continue. As this is pre-proposal, soft trials are initiated by reaching out to Piper Rewell or Clio Clary. Your focus at this stage is to begin initiating faction roleplay, building stories within the sim and watching for the usual growing pains in a new group prior to proposal. Weekly updates in the form of NCs should be given to Piper or Clio for monitoring during this trial stage. At the end of this stage is when the proposal is posted to the forums.
- Stage 1 (Probationary Stage): All newly accepted groups will begin with 3 active members and 1 leader. You will not be assigned turf. You can not wear your group tag. The group is for gang member communication purposes only and only the allowed number of official members and recruits should be in the group. This allows us to easily monitor and determine that, as a leader, you can follow and enforce rules. You will be allowed no more than 3 recruits/affiliates. Your focus is to seed good stories around the sim, and raise awareness of your group’s presence on the streets. You should begin posting monthly updates on Gang Update Forums.
- Stage 2: You will be allowed 1 leader and 6 members (totaling 7) and you will be allowed no more than 3 recruits/affiliates. You can now add others aside from official members and affiliates/recruits to your group, but make sure they are not assigned any roles to avoid confusion. You will be allowed to wear your CD tags and can ‘tag’ walls (please contact Piper Rewell before dropping prims). You will have to continue supporting the community by fostering great and inclusive stories.
- Stage 3: There is only room for 5 factions in this stage. You are no longer held back by maximums. We do ask that you manage wisely. If we see you with 15 members and most aren’t active then we will place a max restriction on you. You will be allowed turf. You will now have the ability to involve their gangs with arms dealing, but must first get approval by Piper Rewell. You will be featured on our website and in the OOC area. Remember, lack of activity, especially by the leader, will risk dropping a stage or being disbanded completely. We expect at least 6 active members at all times.
- More details shared once approved.
Starting up a faction has two phases. The initial phase, the soft trial, begins with three members and one leader, and 3 weeks to test drive their creation. This will enable the factions to organically play out that start process and embrace the story of it. It allows the community a test of what they are putting together so that they can properly weigh in on a proposal with a real idea of what the finished product will look like. At the end of the 3 weeks the test faction will either propose their gang and attempt to get approved for official trial, or they will disband if the idea didn’t quite pan out as planned.
To make disbanding more fun and fluid to storylines as well, the HPD or another faction will be ready to come out and give the gang a permanent teardown via raid or assault.
When a proposal is submitted, it enters the second phase of the review process which involves an admin running a background check on the founder’s prerequisites and making sure the proposal makes sense for the community. When an admin deems it appropriate, the proposal will then be submitted to the community via the Group Proposal subforum. After a few days of discussion, which requires the founder to answer/comment on community feedback, an admin will either approve or reject the gang proposal and they move into Stage 1.
When a group proposal has been approved, founders can expect the following:
- IM from an admin indicating that the proposal has been successfully approved and an appropriate group name
- Founders may create the group with the name assigned by the admin and must invite Hathian Monitor with the owner role.
- Founder will be invited to the “RP Leaders” group on the website where you will have access to special guides and tips to manage your group.
- Founder will be invited to Crack Den Community Leaders group inworld
- Access to “Gang Maintenance Guide”