If you're looking to host an event on sim, be it a big one that could involve everyone or one more for a niche group (students, fans of social events, adults only, etc), here's a quick rundown of information and things you should try to do beforehand:
• Create your forum account: First of all, a lot of the following tips will need you to use a forum account. If you are checking this post as an anonymous and don’t have an account yet, go to the OOC skybox in world and click on the Forum board to create your account.
• Figure out the details: Who's hosting? Where will it be? When? Details are key both for getting yourself organized and helping others help you. We have many locations available on sim that are public for use: The Plant (Devils Pocket), D8 Park & Stage (District 8), Columtreal Student Union, Columtreal Quad/Courtyard, Hathian Theater (contact Dave Hunniton), & any business around sim might be able to hold it, too!
• Flyers: You can create a flyer for your event that you will be able to use in various ways to communicate including rezzing posters around sim (ask one of the Admins to do it for you - 3 posters max!) or handing the flyer out IC.
• Add your event to the Calendar: You will see upcoming events and add your own by clicking the red “Create an event” button. Fill out the form that opens up, then click on “Submit Event” at the bottom to have it appear on the calendar. This also means your event will show up for everyone in the local chat message from Hathian Daily News when on sim.
• Post about your event on the forums: Using the Rolepay section, posting about the event allows people to know about it OOC if they have not been online in a few days. It’s also a great way to find people who would be OOC/IC interested in helping you organize the event.
• Group notices: Once details are finalized, reach out to our Event Coordinator Lozza Weymann or an Admin to send out a notice. Notices can be sent once up to 4 hours before the event. If it's tied to a business, ask the Business Lead to also send notices to their group so employees can help you.
• The Observer: To advertise about your event IC, you can have an article or advertisement posted in the Hathian Observer. Either contact Geoffrey Welders or write and submit the article yourself and pretend it was written by a NPC journalist. These articles appear on CD's Twitter page and in the local chat message from Hathian Daily News when on sim.
• Work with other businesses: Collaboration with other businesses is an excellent way to involve others and increase the appeal of your event! Ask Lou's or TT's for beverage service, the Slab for BBQ, WKRK for a DJ, etc. Either you can go OOC with a forum post (like on the RP Leaders forum or your character can use the IC Yellow Pages to find the number of a specific business owner.
• Social Media: If you have an IC account for your character or your business, using those to spread the word about your upcoming event is a great way to get the word out about it. Ask the Events Lead or an Admin to retweet your event's twitter announcement, too!
• Story Leads: When needed, depending on the event, reach out to the Story Leads to help create a sim wide storyline around it. Our current Story Lead is Lozza Weymann.
• Decorate your event: An Official Business Lead, Story Lead, or Admin can assist with decorating for your event. Setup should be at least a few hours in advance, with minimal script usage, and items that don't cause lag. For prim concerns, speak with a Story Lead, CM, or Admin.
• On the day of the event: Remind people of your event starting by posting a message in the CD Citizens group chat when it does. You can post while the event is ongoing, but not more than once an hour to avoid spamming the group.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.